“Superb Customer Service”

Lincoln
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Superb Customer Service”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I purchased a ring from DI in St. Maarten. It was a bit too big but we didn't have time to wait for it to be resized. Once we got home, none of the local jewelry stores would resize it for fear of damaging the band settings. So, I contacted DI in New York, and was hooked up with Berenice V. who took charge of the situation, gave me instruction for sending it in to be resized, and provided excellent communication along the way. The resizing didn't cost a thing, except shipping. Berenice is awesome and very caring - even though she probably has a gazillion customers - I felt like I was the only one.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Kimberly D

Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Diamond International rips customers off”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I purchased a mans ring in the DI store in Phillipsburg on the main street. When I got home to have the ring sized I found out it had an inscription and names inside. My store valued it at half of what I paid for it. At no time did the clerk tell me is was a "used" or estate ring. I have filed a credit card dispute, contacted the store and notified Holland cruise lines. BEWARE.

Visited February 2012
9 Thank Loretta C
Larbert, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Graet Value”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Attended DI on a whim in St Maarten and found the staff to be great. Looked at various rings and after visiting other shops returned and eventuially bartered a deal. Upon returning to the UK found the ring to be valued at £1750 more than we paid for it and found to be of exceptional quality.

Guess if you know what you are looking for you will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2011
6 Thank ronwright2
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“AVOID AT ALL COST - LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My fiancee got my ring at the location in St. Marteen. Nine months down the road one of the baguettes on the setting starts shifting and moving. I took it to a few jewelers and they did not want to repair it because they all agreed that the issue was not simply a loose diamond but the poor workmanship of the setting.

The gold frame holding the baguette in place was clearly too thin and resulted in the diamond coming loose. They also told me that this was not a normal occurence if the ring was properly made. The general consensus was that I should go back to Diamonds International because they should be held responsible for the repair.

Diamonds International's response was to send in all my documentation and filll out this standard claim form. I did all this (personally I think they may have hoped that I didn't have all the paperwork so that they can just walk away from the situation). I sent in everything.

I got a call today from Celine saying that DI's warrantee was 30 days and 30 days only. There is nothing they can do. However, if I wanted to ship the ring to NewYork, they would "evaluate" it and provide me with an estimate of the cost to repair it.

So what they are telling me is:
1) We do not take responsibility for the poor quality of our rings
2) You need to pay the shipping and insurance to send the ring back so that we can fix our mistake
3) We dont know what the cost to repair is but once you've sent the ring to us, we can pretty much charge whatever we want and well, if you dont want to pay our quoted price, pay to have the ring shipped back to you.

Now the one jeweler who agreed to fix the ring, quoted me $300. For a couple hundred more, I can get a new setting that would not have the same defects (the baguette on the other side is bound to come loose soon too).

It appears to me that I could save myself the hassle and get a new setting. My heart breaks at the thought of changing the ring that my fiancee proposed to me in because it was something I wanted to have forever.

All I have to say is THANKS DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL FOR TAKING ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE AND TURNING THE EXPERIENCE TO TOTAL CRAP!!!

Visited December 2010
18 Thank AsianExplorer22
Purcellville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“DI Belongs in LAST place!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

D.I. in St Maarten is a "recommended" place to shop when you cruise on Royal Caribbean. Personally I think the place is a rip-off. Was there on 9/30/10 and wanted to see the Romain Jerome "Titanic" watch. We were taken upstairs for some beverages and "sweet sales talk" while we looked at the watches. It was late in the day and everyone was in a hurry but I had the ship's port lecturer with us so I knew the ship wouldn't leave without us. I liked a watch that had a retail price of $9900.00. Typically nobody pays retail so when they offered it at $8465.00 I bought it. The watch comes in a rather elaborate wooden "treasure chest" approximately 8X10 and 4 1/2 inches high. The chest is then placed in a Romain Jerome burlap sack. Diamonds International thanked us and we all rushed back to she ship. Once onboard I went straight back to our cabin and unwrapped the new watch. Guess what? Yep.......watch was NOT SET by the DI staff and DID NOT WORK!! I called the manager directly from my balcony and he did not believe me. Told me to take the watch back to the port/shopping lecturer which I promptly did. He looked at the watch and immediately called the manager back from the ship's phone and confirmed the watch DID NOT WORK. Nothing simple like a dead battery because the watch is an automatic. To make a long story shorter.....we got nothing from Royal Caribbean but promises and sympathy. I know the port lecturer/shopping guide felt terrible but we still had to carry home a monster box containing a watch that did not work. Within a day or two I called everyone because I felt abandon. I spoke with Diamonds International in NY, Royal Caribbean and Romain Jerome. Many phone calls and e-mails later I received a new watch. Three months later I see I could have gotten that exact watch in the States for approximately $2000.00 less and YES from an "authorized" Romain Jerome Dealer. What did I learn? LOL. Don't buy without doing prior research. The customer service and the manager in particular at the DI in St Maarten were TERRIBLE!!! Never even an apology from them! The Royal Caribbean "recommended" store guarantee really doesn't mean squat! If it did why didn't Royal Caribbean refund me on the spot and take the watch back themselves? Read the "fine print" on Royal Caribbean's "guarantee". In conclusion.....I'm happy with the watch but I paid too much! Be very careful when shopping in the Caribbean because most stores.......like Diamonds International.....WILL indeed try to rip-off the tourist they think they'll never see again. I'm in the Caribbean often and plan to return to this particular DI in April to see if the manager remembers me. I'm sure he won't. Maybe I'll let him entertain me showing me more expensive watches which I'll promply buy elsewhere!!

Visited September 2010