“Radiant Gems is the best and most trustworthy jewellery Store”

Radiant Gems - St. Maarten Jewelry Store
More attraction details
Owner description: Radiant Gems offers Duty Free Shopping on Jewelry & Watches. Located on Front Street, Philipsburg St. Maarten
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We entered the Store and were warmly greeted and welcomed by Sonu and Sunny. They showed us a great variety of solitares , My husband bought me a lovely solitare ring. I was thrilled and excited and till today I enjoy wearing my ring every single day. He also bought himself a ring.The store also had a lot of jewellery for my kids like earings, pendants and Charm braclets etc. It was a lovely and unforgetable experience . We will surely pay another visit to Radiant Gems when we go to St Matarten again.

3  Thank Yogeeta N

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Visited St. Mateen in April and as we were walking around the store, on the island, wondered in to the Radian Gems.
They provide the most selection, low prices, and an unmatched shopping experience. personal was very personable and accomodating For a dependable, affordable, and fun shopping experience don't miss Radiant Gems.

1  Thank aida r
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have shopped with Sonu for many years. I let him know when I'm arriving, what I'm looking for and he is always ready with ideas. His service is top notch. He has become a friend over the years and I always look forward to my next visit. I have purchased rings, bracelets, necklaces, etc... Diamonds, sapphires, gold, etc... The prices are always better than any other jewerly store in the islands or in the states. I enjoy all my purchases and recommend Sonu and Sonny to help you find the perfect item to buy. Happy shopping!

3  Thank Paaws1
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Radiant Gems is the only store in all of the Caribbean that sells pink emeralds. These stones are very rare and the only stone which is more rare is the Alexandrite.

I purchased a beautiful three carat emerald cut ring. When helping me with the purchase, the store asked me questions to help me ensure I was buying a stone that was right for me and that I would actually wear. The ring is a perfect right hand ring and it grabs attention. I also did some research on the value to make sure I didn't over pay and This purchase is the deal of a lifetime!!!

3  Thank MishaGmiami
See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We visited Radiant Gems while crusing as we wanted to buy a special diamond ring. We got engaged when very young so my husband wanted to buy me a "better" engagement ring. We were greeted by Sunny when we entered the shop and immediately built up a great rapport with him.
After explaining what we were looking for, Sunny showed us a white gold ring with small diamonds and a empty centre claw into which we could put a diamond. We picked out a .65 carat diamond, color G clarity SI1 and both of us were allowed to view the diamond using the loupe. It was a beautiful diamond and you barely see the slight inclusions using the loupe. We were so happy that we paid for the ring in full then. We were told it would take an hour to place the diamond in the ring setting, which was fine as we'd 70 mins before our cruise shop was due to leave.
We were so excited to put the ring on my finger, it was perfect. Within seconds that excitement turned to horror as i saw the centre diamond - it had a huge inclusion in it that I could see with the ring 12 inches from my face. We were speechless and immediately said that it was not the diamond we were shown and bought. Sunny wnet on to deny this and described the inclusion as a "cobra" (something to do with the shape of it), like it was something good. He then said we had the option to return the following year to upgrade the ring, as this was a special service they offer customers. At this point we knew we were snookered as we'd paid in full, our cruise ship was about to leave, and being from Ireland meant that it was highly unlikey we'd be able to pop back again next year. We left the shop very upset and just about made it back to the ship.
Everytime i wore the ring, that awful memory flooded back. The hurt, betrayal, the anger at how niave we were, was eating away at me that i stopped wearing it. Jewellery is suppose to bring joy and happiness and good memories. I regret that day so much.

34  Thank TnaG74
radiantgems, Owner at Radiant Gems - St. Maarten Jewelry Store, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

Dear TnC19740123,

After reading your shocking review, I pulled out all my archived records and have come to a conclusion that you have not shopped with us. You are clearly mistaken us with someone else

I searched the Criteria ‘All Diamond rings sold in November 2010 of .65 carat diamond, color G clarity SI1 and customer home country as Ireland’
Not even one of the above criteria matched for October, November and December of 2010!

I invite you please look at your store receipt and verify if it is really Radiant Gems where you had this experience.

St. Maarten has over 90 jewelry stores all lined up on a same street and there are many Sunny’s out there!

On the same note, I feel sorry to hear about your experience. I however would like to clarify that it is not our Company’s practice to “switch” diamonds. We are a retail business in existence since 2003 and we thrive on excellent customer service and word of mouth advertising, therefore we would not do such a despicable act

Therefore I humbly request you to please take the time, look for your receipt and verify that it is NOT at Radiant Gems where you shopped and kindly either reevaluate your negative review or ask Tripadvisor to simply delete it.

Thank you and looking forward to your response on this same platform.