“Good People, drinks and service!”

Lazy Lizard Beach Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lazy Lizard: Where quality and customer service is our main goal
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I took the water taxi to Philipsburg and this was the first place we stopped. The man working knew we were tourists and gave us some tips and places we should not miss. The restaurant was just opening and his hospitality was exceptional. The restaurant is clean and it overlooks the gorgeous bay. The drinks are great and we caught a nice buzz to begin our journey around. Try the drinks on the counter infused with fruit, they're great! He gave us the best advice- Catch the bus to the airport to watch the planes.

1  Thank Rachel N

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I recently visited Sint Maarten for our honeymoon. We stayed in Guana Bay, which is next to Philipsburg. During the last few days of our two week stay we found an amazing little restaurant and bar on the board walk called the Lazy Lizard. Over the next two days we went there three times. I suggest you sit at the bar, so you can get to know the extremely friendly owner Nik. Nik talked to us the entire time, while making drinks, and advised us on the best dishes and drinks. After two weeks exploring the island, Nik made us the absolute best Pina Colada, Mojito, Bloody Mary, and BBC we had the entire time. The fried calamari and curry chicken were awesome. However, the dish you MUST try is the voodoo shrimp. IT WAS AMAZING!!! We had it twice and can't wait to have it again. Nik also provided us many free shots of a variety to local flavored rums, while advising us on some of the best restaurants on the island. That night we tried the steak house he recommended and it was also amazing. If you are visiting Sint Maarten I highly suggest you make it a point to visit the Lazy Lizard, you will surely go more than once.

3  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We enjoyed lunch twice on our visit. The food was prepared well and very healthy. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with a marvelous view of the Great Bay. We will go again next year!

2  Thank Carolyn F
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the stop whether you're on a cruise or staying "on island". This is a new find for me.

I used to go to Toula Mangos, but after getting my credit card number stolen the last three times I went I figured I should try something new. What can I say, I'm thick headed...

We were greeted by the owner
Nik, when we arrived. It was obvious he took great interest in our satisfaction and the quality and preparation of the food. Fresh ingredients and homemade local recipes cover the menu.

We started with the calamari rings which are served with a special curry sauce. It was amazing. The rings themselves were lightly breaded and the calamari tender. Not the usual "breading with a hint of calamari" most of us are used to. The combination was perfect.

The friend I went with ordered the Johnny Cakes (code for fried dough deliciousness). Highly recommend them. I had the "homeburger" and in all honesty it was probably the best burger I've ever had. Homemade, seasoned and cooked to perfection. Comparatively, I've eaten Kobe beef burgers at Ruth Chris, that don't come close. Pretty legit stuff here.

In conclusion, make this your lunch stop on the boardwalk when you're in town. The food is great, the service is top notch and the price is right. That's the triple crown for us Americans.

6  Thank PLMurr
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ribs were excellent fall off the bone and the jerk chicken wings were spicy. Right on the boardwalk not far from the cruise ship. We had lunch there.

1  Thank dlough7777