“Great selection & staff”

DK Gems International
Ranked #8 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dk Gems has been VOTED #1 BEST St Maarten jewelry stores by the DAILY HERALD for 2 years in a row : 2015 & 2016. We sell the most exquisite jewels such as diamond rings, diamond earrings, diamond bracelet, sapphire rings, tanzanite rings, earrings, bracelets, rings, necklace, pendant, diamonds, watches, pre owned watches and much more in our jewelry store located in Front street, Philipsburg. We are the sole Jewelry store in St Maarten to have 2 former student of the Gemological Institute of America or G.I.A who graduated as Jewelers Gemologists. So you will have the Best advices on our gold, silver, diamonds, ruby or sapphire jewels. DK Gems, your watch store and jewelry store in St Maarten, 69 A Front street, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stopped in to take a look. Fantastic staff---was offered water/soda! Made two purchases--very willing to bargain. Recommended!

2  Thank SweetSoutherners
worldshoppercritic, Owner at DK Gems International, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words and im glad your enjoying our beautiful pieces

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were in St. Maarten the middle of April. My husband wanted to get me something special and I had read good reviews about DK Gems. The man we worked with was "Mack" and he was great. He was very professional and allowed us to take our time. He went above and beyond in helping us make our decision. We ended up with a beautiful diamond band that is high quality and at a wonderful price. I would definitely recommend DK Gems to anyone wanting a safe place to buy jewelry in the Caribbean.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Long story short, we were in St. Martin on vacation when I decided to pop the question. I had done my fair share of research online prior and resolved that the quotes I was getting on Front Street were in line with the best offers that I was seeing the wholesale market and online (Bluenile, Rapnet, etc.) So it was a matter of picking the ring (and the store). We arrived at DK Gems and my now fiancee went straight to the Tacori counter and fell in love with one of the settings. I then arranged to have a center diamond of my specifications to be set in the setting she was admiring, all without her knowing. Within a few hours, the folks at DK were able to set it, polish it and have it ready for my surprise proposal at sunset. All the while, they were very hospitable, offering me drinks, lunch, etc. while I awaited the finished ring.

Needless to say, my fiancee is in love with her beautiful new ring and I am ecstatic with the purchase. I returned to NY to get the ring appraised by a top-notch appraiser and he agreed that I got a very good ring and he was especially fond of the Tacori setting, as well as the color and sparkle of the center diamond.

I would definitely recommend DK to anyone visiting St. Martin looking for an honest, family run store, selling high quality designers, that just feels different from the rest on Front Street. Thanks to Kamal, Raj, Simran and the rest of the DK family. We'll definitely be back!

2  Thank David H

Reviewed March 10, 2010

Prior to our trip to St Maarten in Dec.2009, I read almost every review on TripAdvisor and other sites to learn as much as I could about our destinatrion. The reviews & recommendations at TripAdvisor were right on as we have found on preveious trips.
My husband and I are very ordinary people with limited money to spend and I wanted to buy a piece of jewellry, probably a ring. My husband was incredibly tolerant as we visited every jewellery store on Front St and a few in Marigot. I had never made a major purchase in another country and felt very skeptical. I remembered reading many positive reviews abount DK Gems and visited there. We met a very nice sales person: John. I took a very long time looking at pave diamond rings and John was patient but definitely wanted to make a deal. He told me about others purchasers that I knew of in my home area. He appeared genuine and sincere. (However so did many of the other 50 jewellery retailers.) I couldn't decide on exactly what I wanted and whether or not to actually make a purchase. After a couple of days, I decided a ring I had seen there was the one. We went back negotiated what I felt was a very good deal. Then John suggested that I also buy diamond earrings. I first said no, and then decided to see what he had. I had done a lot of diamond earring research in the summer as I had wanted to buy a pair then. The diamond pairs I was shown seemed like a good value to me, but I felt I needed to deal down in price in case they weren't as good as he said. We finally came to an agreement and my husband reluctantly forked over his Mastercard. They wrote an appraisal and had me self address envelope that they would mail to my home. I waited almost a month and it hadn't arrived. I even got a Christmas card from the business. I really began to wonder if I had been ripped off. I sent an email to ask about the paper work. The very next day the papers arrived. I immediately sent off a thank you email.
Of course, after the puchase, we always wondered if they were really worth what we'd paid. I finally had them appraised by a certified, GIA appraiser. The total value was 3.5 times what we had spent.
I have only great things to say about John and and DK Gems International. I would return there in a heartbeat. Save yourself a lot of time and go straight there.

5  Thank Mrs_C-Kelowna

Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were on a cruiseand stopped in to St Maarten. Raj was very friendly We bought a beautiful 3 carat ring. We had picked out our middle stone and they sent it out and set it while we waited. When I got it appraised when I returned home my diamond was not the quality that I had purchased.I got a hold of Raj and he took care of it and put a better quality diamond in that even I had bought. The only thing I would say is you have to be aware and tell them what you want and they will do it.I will definetly go back there .

6  Thank keljoy2

Thank you so much for your kind words and
im glad your enjoying our beautiful pieces
We look forward to taking care of you always and next time we will make sure your get 5 star service!!!