“A Must Stop While in Philipsburg”
Review of Dan's Chocolate Factory - CLOSED

Dan's Chocolate Factory
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar
Baltimore
“A Must Stop While in Philipsburg”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I stopped into Dan's just after having lunch in the area so I unfortunately cannot comment on the menu, but we sure plan to eat if we get the chance to visit again. It's a rather new establishment we learned after talking to Dan so you may not yet hear it being recommended by many people...but very soon I'm sure many more will know about this place. My primary reason for this positive review is that Dan and especially our bartender Dwight were great. We had so much fun with Dwight and he must have made us four different drinks each all of which incorporated some level and taste of chocolate. I personally don't even like chocolate very much, girlfriend loves it, but I told Dwight this and he was surprisingly able to make me a a slew of concoctions that were pretty awesome. We also did some shots straight out of their homemade chocolate shot glasses. On top of that I was blown away by how reasonable our tab was given that we spent about two hours with these guys only having cocktails. Anyway, stop into Dan's for a break when you're walking the shops by the water and have a great time with these guys.

• Visited October 2013

Champlin, Minnesota, United States
“New place to try”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family of six went for lunch to Dan's today because the managers at The Villas told us to go. We were not disappointed. Although I thought some of the things sounded odd because they were covered in chocolate, everything was so good. We had two bacon, cheddar, BBQ burgers, a chocolate burger, chocolate wings, works hot dog, and cheesesteak sandwich. Originally we did not order the chocolate wings but Dan convinced us to try them. Seriously, you would think it would be weird to eat chocolate on your wings but they were so good. We fought over them. The son who ordered the chocolate burger thought it was delicious. It had chocolate covered bacon on the burger. The onion rings were super tasty and the fries were normal fries. The entrees each came with a side; fries, onion rings or salad. We also had the chocolate fondue at the end of our meal. We had it spiked with rum and added a sauce; peanut butter. It was so good. The only suggestion would be that the chocolate fondue needs more things to dip. With six of us, each person only got a couple of things but we asked for spoons at the end to slurp up more of the chocolate sauce. Finally, we tasted their candy bars which were so yummy. Our trip is coming to an end but I would love to go back and try the chocolate shots which are served in an edible chocolate cup. I think those would be amazing! If you are on a cruise, you need to go to the far end of the beach (away from where you exit your ship) to get to Dan's. The setting is really lovely as it sits up a little higher so you can look out over the bay. Since it is new, it feels nice and clean. The tables and chairs aren't beat up. Prices are reasonable. All in all, this is just a really pleasant place to go to for eating or drinks so DO IT!

• Visited January 2014
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Dan's place was great, chocolate is excellent and the food was amazing. Chocolate covered pizza was the best!

• Visited December 2013
“You must visit here if your in St Martin”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The menu may seem wierd at first, but you've got to try the chocolate burger or Chocolate pizza. They're incredible.

• Visited December 2013
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Chocolate Covered Bacon Cheeseburger”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I'm not even a big chocolate lover but this is an amazing place! I was in St. Maarten for 5 days and stopped in every day! My favorites were the chocolate wings, the Dan's Chocolate Burger, and the Peanut Butter Cup Martini - oh yea, I almost left out the fresh battered onion rings - to die for!

Visited December 2013