“Splash Jewelers”
Review of Splash Jewelers

Splash Jewelers
Ranked #34 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My sister has been a Splash customer for years and I always admired her jewelry. During our port stop in St. Maarten when on a recent cruise my sister and I went into Splash. Gary has always been her "personal jeweler. He arrived at the store soon after we did. Gary greeted us warmly and he caught up with my sister as she had not seen him in a few years. My sister selected two pieces and then I said I would like to look at a ring that was unique and would wow people. He first showed me a ring with chocolate and white diamonds that was way over my budget. When I stated that there was no pressure. I then said that my sister had a colors of sapphire ring from Splash that I had always admired. He showed me a couple of colors of sapphire ring and one just called my name! Gary worked with us and gave us terrific prices. My ring had to be sized larger. They did it while we waited, did not charge me more for the extra gold and served us wine while we were waiting. On the way back to the cruise ship a woman seated across from me on the water taxi complimented me on the ring. Gary is wonderful to deal with and he treated us royally. I am thrilled with my purchase.

There are newer reviews for Splash Jewelers

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been dealing with Splash for twenty-four years. We buy all our jewelry there as is the best we have found in the world. The prices are best, quality the best, personal attention the greatest. We have time shares in Ste Maarten and see them each year, every day of our two weeks there. Do not pass up this bargain. We send all of our friends there and have never gotten any complaints, but lots of complements and satisfaction. Bob and Vickie Hebert

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Jay was sent seven diamonds which he was to make into earrings for me. The stones came from
my original engagement ring. It was given to me in 1969 from my deceased
spouse who died in 2007 after 37 years of marriage. We were on a cruise ship and visited Jays store with friends . Jay kept my diamonds and did not return them after I requested he do so as his jewelry was such poor quality. I plan to remarry this year and my
fiance bought my engagement ring from Jay .the stones kept falling out of the setting. The ring was returned over six months ago.It took over 6 months to get Jay to send the $1000 dollar check he owed for this poor setting. The bank just informed us that he had insufficient funds. He will use the ploy "You are like my sister to try and suck you in" and does not stand by his jewelry. Do not do business with this man. He is a shyster with a smooth tongue and will cheat you. I fell for his ploy and only did business with him because a friend took me to his shop and thought he was ethical, Susan T. They have lost a customer and I feel like a fool for trusting them. I did business with Jay in 2010 and 2011 trying to recover my loss.

9  Thank Susan R
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I have visited this store 3 times now on our vacations to the (Friendly Island)
The manager Ray I found was extremely helpful in finding my wife unique jewellery
which everybody back in Scotland comments on .The list is endless .Being a canny Scot
The value and quality of the gems well exceeded my expectations . Hence the pilgrimage
back to his premises for a bargain . Well that's what the wife says . My bank manager not so sure.
His input on choice and frankness is much appreciated with the choice of items and I have used him for repairs which
were A1 .

3  Thank Grandholm
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My sister and I visited Splash, being referred by good friends that have always had an excellent shopping experience there. Greg greeted us warmly and made us feel comfortable and not pressured right from the start. I recently had my purchases appraised and he was accurate in telling us that they will be worth far mor than the retail price. The quality is what we were told it would be. I won't hesitate to visit the store again and would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for fine jewellery.

1  Thank Within