“Wonderfull food but so very expensive.”
Review of Antoine by the sea

Antoine by the sea
Ranked #17 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Beautiful location on front Street with a georgous view, friendly helpful staff and owner and the food is excellent but you are paying top money for this, plus taxes and service. I had a steak which was cooked to perfection and wonderful so I dont mind paying the price. Wine was over the top priced! Decor wonderful. Get there early to get seats on the open side overlooking the sea. (Noticed on menu that a simple Sagetti Bols was US$19.95......now that is totally over priced)!
Most places in the Caribbean close early and eat early, but here they stayed open longer which makes a change.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I dined here with my in-laws on our last night in St. Martin. My in-laws recommended this spot, it was their second time dining here and my husband and mine, our first time at this restaurant. We all enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. We were there during the off-season so there were not many other diners there but the service was slow, that was the only downside to our experience. The manager did come by our table to make sure things went well so was a plus.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

For 6 years now my husband and I have been going to St. Maarten and dining at Antoine's. On the boardwalk in Phillipsburg, it is a beautiful setting. The owner makes the dining experience extra special and the wait staff is attentive and friendly even when they are working a full house! The menu is varied and the prix fix is a very good value. The food is eloquently served and amazing. Our last trip, we dined there 3 times. I would have gone more if I could have afforded the calories. One evening I had the shrimp and scallop in a pernod cream sauce that was outstanding. On my next visit I requested the dish again even tho it was not on the menu. To my delight, the chef happily said yes. We have taken friends there and would not hesitate to recommend Antoine's if you appreciate great food. Yes it is a little pricey but for the few extra $ an entree, there is no comparison to other local restaurants. I've never had to send anything back or had an incorrectly cooked steak, or a cold meal as I have had in other establishments. I'll spend a few extra bucks for the ambience, great food, wonderful view and a chance to chat with the owner. Service pacing is just right allowing one to have a relaxing meal. Don't forget to order the soufflé ahead of time - it is fabulous.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I chose Antoine's because of a review done in the Fedor travel book. The restaurant atmosphere was beautiful as the sun set. We were quick to be seated without a reservation. The menus and evening specials were quick to arrive. We had become accustomed to slower service.The timing seemed to be off between the kitchen and servers. Our apps came out before the bread. Our meal was very flavourful but rather cool. Our dessert that needed to be ordered at the beginning of our meal was raved about and "should be ordered early,because it takes a while to prepare" all this was ok, but our grand marnier souffle was burnt on top! Had to ask twice for coffee. Not sure I would try Antoine again, only because I expect better attention to detail from a proclaimed high end restaurant.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Years ago this was "THE" place in Phillipsburg but it is past its prime. The menu has not changed in over 20 years but the prices certainly have. It is a very pretty restaurant on the sea and you will need the fresh air while you fume waiting for service. With a reservation, we had to wait to be seated and clearly the staff could not handle the crowded venue....pleasant local servers but SLOW production in the kitchen. My disappointing caesar salad was made from tough outer leaves of romaine....accompaniments on our plates were cold but entree was fresh...so plates are prepped and left out (not good food safety). My snapper ($29 USD) had so many bones it was hard to enjoy. I think this is my last meal at Antoine's after a 20+ year relationship.

1  Thank Nava1203