“Great restaurant”
Review of Antoine by the sea

Antoine by the sea
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This restaurant had it all - great food, good location (overlooking Great Bay Beach) and close proximity to our hotel. The owner stopped by our table to chat and make sure we enjoyed our food. We had the filet and red snapper -- both were excellent. I'll go there again the next time I'm in Philipsburg. I highly recommend Antoine's.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

You saw the title...

My Wife and I made the short walk there from Bobby's Marina (See America's Cup Yacht Racing) after our winning effort on the yacht True North. Shared the lobster and a bottle Pouilly-Fuissé for lunch.

We returned to the the cruise ship marina via pedicab. So a walking there from your from the pier would not be unreasonable.

Many of our friends and relatives have made the pilgrimage here. All of them were very pleased with our recommendation.

We all agree the service could be better. The food is fresh and well prepared. Food prices aren't any different than what one would spent in a medium to large city is the US. The wine prices are reasonable, especially for the the French stuff .

3  Thank TG_member
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant is located on the main street in downtown Philipsburg. If you have a rental car, be prepared to use their valet parking option, but not always convenient. You can park at Bobby's Marina, but be prepared for a long walk.
The restaurant was very appealing and overlooks the Boardwalk looking out to the Great Bay. We had dinner on a Friday night during low season and it was not very busy. The service was Very slow snd was due to the kitchen since it appeared they only have minimal help during low season. Our waitress did a very nice job. We had the red snapper and one person had the Lobster. The food was very good but rather high in cost compared to some other very nice restaurants. The French Onion Soup was $11.50 and average at best. The red snapper was $26 and served over scalloped potatoes, very good. A nice place but pricey compared to other restaurants on the island.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Great service. A wonderfully prepared meal. Very generous portions. The owner made sure we were satisfied.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just walked in the door from eating at Antoine's and must write a review. We went to Antoine's because I had heard it was good. We walked down to the establishment yesterday to look at the menu. I specifically asked if we could get a burger at night because it wasn't on the evening menu and they stated that we could. Tonight when one person in our party wanted to order a burger, they said that he couldn't. We got to the restaurant at 6:10 p.m. The waitress was setting tables and said that the chef was not in yet. I asked if they didn't open until 6:30 and she said that was when the chef came in. I took that to mean that was when they opened. We were seated and it was incredibly hot in there with no air movement. We asked to have the fans turned on. She said she would in a bit. We were slightly miffed at that but in actuality, she turned them on almost right away. We ordered our food right at 6:30. I literally looked at my watch to see how long it would take. After we ordered two other parties of two came in and were seated. At about 55 minutes one of the other tables was served their food. At that point the waitress said the chef was getting to our food and that she had "tried to tell him". At 70 minutes our food came. I found that inexcusable. The two people in our group that had ordered Coke had finished their drink LONG ago. The waitress had brought us bread but that was long gone, too. We sat and sat and sat. Once the food arrived, my husband sent his back because the rice was cold. The bill was over $225. Gratuity is automatically added in. I'm not surprised because the waitress has little personality for waiting on tables. If they didn't add on a gratuity, they wouldn't get one. Every entree is $20 or more and most are more than $25. We ordered nothing else at that point because we wanted to pay our tab and leave. The food itself was fine. I had the farfalle which tasted like beef stroganoff to me. One person had fettuccine and it looked like normal fettuccine. My husband had red snapper and salmon. He thought it was fine. Another in our party had frog legs. He enjoyed them and I think specifically enjoyed the adventure of ordering frog legs. Another had spaghetti bolognese and said it tasted like my spaghetti. All in all I would have wished for a much better experience for the amount of money that we paid. This has been the least liked meal out that we have had in St. Maarten.