Our first stay at the villas (#5) were the result of the TA reviews and they were right on the mark! The villas are well appointed, convenient to the boardwalk/shopping/cruise ship docks but yet isolated enough to enjoy piece and quiet. This is the type of vacation location where you can do anything and everything you want when it comes to water sports (parasailing, jet skis, snorkeling, boat tours, etc. are right on the Great Bay beaches) or do nothing at all but lounge around. The two story, two bedroom villa was spacious and had all the comforts of home. From the well stocked kitchen to the flat screen TV's to the sleep number king sized beds, it was everything I was looking for in a relaxing vacation. The managers, Jim and Gina, were a pleasure in every respect...helpful, insightful, informative and made us and everyone else there feel like part of their large extended "family". The view is like candy for the eyes. You wake up every morning and look forward to seeing the amazing Great Bay views...better than a postcard. The people of St Maarten are extremely courteous and our regular taxi driver/new best friend, "Uncle" James, was kind, genuine and a pleasure to learn from when it came to his island knowledge. We are looking forward to making these villas our island destination year after year. It would be a mistake not to visit the Villas on Great Bay at least once just to see why this location is a #1 rated destination on St Maarten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas on Great Bay are located on Great Bay Beach in a quiet residential neighborhood of Philipsburg, the Dutch capital of St. Maarten, and about 20 minutes’ drive from the island airport. Within easy walking distance you’ll find restaurants, world class duty-free shopping, casinos and nightlife, and the lively boardwalk.We are a small, gated property with a security guard on duty throughout the night, and an on-site property manager to ensure your vacation is hassle-free. Each of our villas is privately owned, but each has the same basic layout – two bedrooms upstairs (some with ensuite bathrooms) and 1½ to 2½ bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, and each comes supplied with linens, including beach towels. Our nine beachfront villas have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, while the remaining two overlook our tropical gardens.We know how to make your visit to our beautiful island everything you’ve hoped for and expected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Villas on Great Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas On Great Bay Hotel Philipsburg
- Villas On Great Bay St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg