“Worth a visit”
Review of St. Maarten Zoo

St. Maarten Zoo
Ranked #17 of 57 things to do in Philipsburg
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a small zoo and is in need of updating .I would call it a work in progress.It is very expensive to look after a lot of animals in a zoo,they need visitors and I was glad I went.The birds and animals are well cared for, even if their enclosures are a bit shabby. Many of the birds and animals are very tame. It is worth buying the animal food, I had great fun feeding all the lovely parrots, they were so friendly and so were the marmosets. There is a walk in aviary with a lovely tame cassowary, it jumps up to take its cracker and is a lot of fun.We were followed about by cute little chicks and peacocks too. If you like birds and interacting with them I am sure you would enjoy this little zoo.

1  Thank gypsycat13

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overall a good experience, it's not a multimillion dollar zoo, but it's fine for the island, it's fun!

2  Thank VATravel12345
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not a huge zoo, but we enjoyed ourselves. The animals appear to be in good condition. Many of them will come right up to the cage and show off for the animal crackers you can feed them with. I noticed one or two were eating fresh fruit and tossed it aside to get an animal cracker. 10 usd per person to enter. 2.00 for crackers to feed the animals.

2  Thank dombroskiw
Reviewed October 15, 2013

a lot of animals, monkies, snakes, birds and expecting a white baby tiger wow I cant wait to see it via jaysdrivingescortsxm.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice place to visit and see animals. Together with entrance ticket you can buy some snacks to feed animals. It was nice experience to feed them. Especially parrots were getting crazy seeing these snacks and you could give it to them just from your hand. Monkeys were throwing these snacks back on us... later trying to find some more items to throw on us making it really funny. It's not just place to visit for families with kids but if you have some free time I recommend to spend one hour to walk around.

1  Thank Martin P