“it needs help”
Review of St. Maarten Zoo

St. Maarten Zoo
Ranked #17 of 57 things to do in Philipsburg
Reviewed February 27, 2013

what alot of people don't realize is, that this zoo isn't government supported...it runs on skeleton donations and whatever people pay or buy there...So I do believe they are doing a great job with the means that they have, and everyone should pass there and support the animals! The playground is great for kids as well, though make sure to walk with musquito spray...gots lots of water and bush so musquitoes are abundant!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A 30 minute walk from Phillipsburg, easy to miss. $10 entry fee, and the place was pretty empty. Lots of birds, some monkeys, took about an hour to do. I had a great time with the peacocks and some monkeys threw apples at my husband, which was hilarious!

3  Thank yashinfan
Reviewed January 11, 2013

we make it a point to check out the zoo every year. our kids love to walk around and talk to all the parrots. fun to walk through bird cage. at the end you can pet bunnies, lamps etc. also a great playground. New this year: no more feeding peanuts - now you can buy Animal crackers! We love the irony!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I took my kids to the zoo because the semi-submersible was closed (Christmas week). There were lots of parrots. My kids liked the playground there. I wanted to get back to the beach, but for what it was (a couple hours of diversion), it wasn't terrible.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My son enjoyed the monkeys and was able to feed a very tame peacock and some goats. The ride there from the boat was interesting... a nice quiet outing.

1  Thank Carrie F