“Funny name and OK food and service”
Review of Blue Bittch Bar

Blue Bittch Bar
Ranked #7 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stopped by the Blue B**** for lunch. It has a great location and a varied menu. The service was just OK, not the usual level of hospitality that we had seen throughout most of the island. Lunch was good but nothing special. The name of the restaurant is a big draw (we bought a couple coffee mugs) and the setting is very nice so it's worth a drink or a quick meal but the food was not stellar by any means.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were staying in St. Maarten - we didn't come off a cruise ship and it seems this place caters to that crowd. Definately more of a bar type atmosphere, but we stopped here for lunch because I remembered reading the reviews on tripadvisor. The food was ok - I earlier wrote a review for Chesterfields and called their food Applebees type quality. I would rate this the same. Generous sized chicken sandwich, but not much to go with it. The accompaniments were a small wedge of watermelon, and coleslaw, which came in a 1/2 dollar sized container that you usually receive ketchup in.
We don't drink at lunch, but I see how this would be a good place for a beer and a burger. And the band playing near by was very good and entertaining. I would rate this as bar food for sure - with very slow and disinterested servers. They include their tip ahead of time - so that may be the reason for the level of service.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love this place. Not only do they have a band on the beach that gets the guests going but the servers get in on it too. We have had several lunches there. We have to stop in every time we're on the island. The food is varied and excellent. The view can't be beat and it's just an awesome place to stop, get out of the sun, people watch and enjoy. It's also great to bring back a souvenir for your friends because they get a kick out of the name. This is a must see.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a very nice spot to grab a cold beer and some lunch. The view is quite nice - it is right on the boardwalk. The beer was very cold and probably the best deal in town (a bucket of 6 ice cold Coor's Light's was $10.00).

The service was attentive and pleasant. The food was good and reasonably priced - I had the ribs and while they weren't quite "fall off the bone", the flavor was certainly there.

Overall, I would go back. As an FYI, though, there were no cruise ships in port. I imagine this place and the overall boardwalk would be quite busy when there are 1 or more ships in town.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We sat outside at Taloula Mango's for a quick snack during a shopping trip to Philipsburg. There is great people-watching along the boardwalk (especially when a cruise ship or two is docked), and the drinks are fairly priced and come served with souvenir mugs. We ordered the nachos and although they could have been a bit larger, they were fine for a quick snack for two adults. We each had one cocktail, and the total was under $25 US, so that's not too bad!

I echo what other reviewers had said regarding inattentive service, but we were lucky to be sitting close to the outside bar, so at least we could start with the bartender if our waiter couldn't be found. We didn't have any issues with the quality or presentation of our food and drinks, but it wasn't a gourmet experience. I wouldn't go to Taloula Mango's for gourmet, but it is a solid choice in Philipsburg for a quick pick-me-up.