“A must visit for Star Wars fans”

Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit
Book In Advance
More Info
$12.00*
and up
Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit Tour in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 56 things to do in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, nestled amongst Front Street's duty free jewelry stores, is possibly the most surprising enterprise in the Caribbean. Who would expect to find Darth Vader, Pinhead from HELLRAISER and Riddley Scott's ALIEN in St Maarten? But this unprecedented showcase has that and a whole lot more. There are displays that span six decades of movie making, relics from THE TERMINATOR, MEN IN BLACK and even THE MALTISE FALCAN. There's also an incredible collection of lifecasts, the actual faces of Hollywood stars, From Bogart & Brando, though Sean Connery & Jack Nicholson to Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp & Angelina Jolle. The collection is extended to include famous historical figures too… the actual faces of Abraham Lincoln, (cast 3 months before his assassination), Benjamin Franklin and George Washington, (cast in. 1778 and 1783 respectively by french sculptor Jean Antoine Houden), and death masks of both Oliver Cromwell, (1658) and Vladimir Lenin (1924). The Exhibit is the brainchild of Hollywood creature effects wizard Nick Maley, known as "that Yoda Guy" for his contribution to the creation of Yoda for the STAR WARS sagas. If you don't know who Nick is, just google his name. He made over 50 movies, including SUPERMAN, HIGHLANDER, KRULL & LIFEFORCE, worked with Hollywood legends like Sean Connery, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford, (you will see them all in the exhibit), was featured in CINEMAX and HBO specials, won a place in THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS and was nominated for an EMMY. Nick shares his professional perspective on the making of famous movies via DVD and, if you are lucky enough to find him there, he will dedicate purchases from the Yoda Guy Shop and do photos with customers. The Shop sells signed movie memorabilia, posters, antique STAR WARS comics, behind the scene photos and storyboards… unique autographed slices of STAR WARS history that become a legacy to pass on through the family. There's also Nick's celebrated Caribbean artwork, (exhibited in galleries in 18 countries and toured the world with UNESCO. Nick and his wife Gloria have created the Yoda Guy Movie Museum Foundation, a not for profit group to oversee the Exhibit's development. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to support the museum and visit a STAR WARS celebrity. It is recommended on all major cruise lines as a MUST SEE for art and movie fans.
Hamilton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must visit for Star Wars fans”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family and I were on a cruise and had the opportunity to visit this shop. My kids are Star Wars fans and had a blast seeing all of Nick's movie memorabilia. Nick was generous with his time and stories. This was a unique and one of a kind experience and a great break from the typical cruise port stores.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank broadbent007

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Geeking Out in Paradise”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was on a cruise to celebrate graduating college, and a shipboard announcement informed me that Nick Maley, the guy who created Yoda, has a shop and museum in St. Maarten! As a life-long Star Wars fan, I was pretty excited. Once I was off the ship in Philipsburg, I made a beeline for the place and was instantly wowed. Nick was in the shop when I got there and he is the nicest guy you will ever meet. I bought two postcards and he was nice enough to sign one for me, and one for a friend back home who is also a huge Star Wars fan. Since I bought $40 worth of merchandise, I was granted access to Nick's private museum, which is incredible! He has so much memorabilia from movies he has worked on, and it is all easy to see and read. Photography is allowed, and you definitely need to take time to listen to the audio tracks playing, and watch the videos throughout the museum so you get backstory on each item/section. It was an excellent, and totally unexpected stop for me.
If you are ever in St. Maarten, stop by and see Nick Maley, even if you are not a Star Wars fan, it is totally worth it.

Visited December 2012
Brockham, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“nice guy - nice place”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

went in july/august 2012 with family.
the place looks just like one of the houses on tatooine!
Nick the star wars guy was really nice - we browsed through his art for a while and then went through the small museum he has there.
It's not airconditioned I don't think - so take fluids (but don't drink them in there!)
A lot of the stuff he has is really interesting -and we spent about 40 mins here. The most interesting bit for me was the early scripts of Star Wars before the final concept - I don't think I can image Han Solo / Luke / Leia with different names!
We paid $20 for the four of us to look round the museum which I thought was really reasonable.
Best thing to do in St Maarten if you ask me!
(if you take the ferry over from the cruise dock to where the shops up, it's walkable (on front stree) - turn right at the diamond place and keep on going 'til you see it)

Visited August 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife surprised me with this tour while we were on our cruise. Knowing that I am a huge Star Wars fan she thought this would be a nice experience. It was well worth our time. Meeting Mr. Maley was a highlight. He was very willing and excited to talk to us about his time working with Star Wars and about his journey to St-Martin. The props from the movies are awesome. If you're a Star Wars fan and you are going to St-Martin you will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2012
Halifax, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A must see if a Star Wars Fan!!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you are a Star Wars fan this is a must see place. This is the guy who actually created Yoda for the original movies. You will find him in the shop most times. When I was there he signed a framed photograph I bought there. They have a full size Stormtrooper there behind glass and a large amount of SW items and paraphernalia to view. You gotta go here!!

Visited April 2012