“See him you will, be amazed you will also”

Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit
Book In Advance
More Info
$12.00*
and up
Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit Tour in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 57 things to do in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, nestled amongst Front Street's duty free jewelry stores, is possibly the most surprising enterprise in the Caribbean. Who would expect to find Darth Vader, Pinhead from HELLRAISER and Riddley Scott's ALIEN in St Maarten? But this unprecedented showcase has that and a whole lot more. There are displays that span six decades of movie making, relics from THE TERMINATOR, MEN IN BLACK and even THE MALTISE FALCAN. There's also an incredible collection of lifecasts, the actual faces of Hollywood stars, From Bogart & Brando, though Sean Connery & Jack Nicholson to Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp & Angelina Jolle. The collection is extended to include famous historical figures too… the actual faces of Abraham Lincoln, (cast 3 months before his assassination), Benjamin Franklin and George Washington, (cast in. 1778 and 1783 respectively by french sculptor Jean Antoine Houden), and death masks of both Oliver Cromwell, (1658) and Vladimir Lenin (1924). The Exhibit is the brainchild of Hollywood creature effects wizard Nick Maley, known as "that Yoda Guy" for his contribution to the creation of Yoda for the STAR WARS sagas. If you don't know who Nick is, just google his name. He made over 50 movies, including SUPERMAN, HIGHLANDER, KRULL & LIFEFORCE, worked with Hollywood legends like Sean Connery, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford, (you will see them all in the exhibit), was featured in CINEMAX and HBO specials, won a place in THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS and was nominated for an EMMY. Nick shares his professional perspective on the making of famous movies via DVD and, if you are lucky enough to find him there, he will dedicate purchases from the Yoda Guy Shop and do photos with customers. The Shop sells signed movie memorabilia, posters, antique STAR WARS comics, behind the scene photos and storyboards… unique autographed slices of STAR WARS history that become a legacy to pass on through the family. There's also Nick's celebrated Caribbean artwork, (exhibited in galleries in 18 countries and toured the world with UNESCO. Nick and his wife Gloria have created the Yoda Guy Movie Museum Foundation, a not for profit group to oversee the Exhibit's development. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to support the museum and visit a STAR WARS celebrity. It is recommended on all major cruise lines as a MUST SEE for art and movie fans.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was walking down the street with my family and I heard the theme song of Star Wars. I looked, i saw a tv and a poster. I went in and I was welcomed by Nick Maley himself. As I looked around there was great memorabilia for sale. For instance , there were pictures, autographs, and many story boards. As I walked in the museum , there were great clips and pictures. One thing I pirticularly liked is the Darth Vader costume used in the movie.there were also things from other movies. After the amazing museum Nick gave great advise to use now and also in the future. Nick Maley is an amazing and wise man and I think that you meet him and see his museum!

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"answer questions"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Let me start with a brief dislcaimer. I am not a movie fan. I am not a science fiction fan. And now for an admission: I am old enough to have seen the original Star Wars movies as a teen. Despite my neither being a movie nor a sci-fi fan, I loved Star Wars. Hey, the story inspired Joseph Campbell, one of the greatest minds on all things mythological. This is good stuff. Another disclaimer: that was only part of the reason I went. I just wanted to share some quality time with my elder daughter who *is* a sci-fi fan. So, I went without any great expections. Not a disclaimer: The experience was much more than I expected, though for reasons other than meeting a celebrity of seeing genuine quality movie memorabilia (though those reasons alone are sufficient to pay the Yoda Guy a visit). Even more than all the goodies, it was Nick - yes, he's the Yoda Guy - who made my visit so memorable. This is his passion, and he loves to share it with people. More important, though, is his message. Drawing on his own experiences as a youngster who dropped out of school because "he didn't fit in," he shares his story of following his dream, to design those wonderful characters in Star Wars. It was not easy. On the contrary, to get to where he wanted to go took a tremendous amount of believing in himself (when his elders did not believe in him), courage, and perseverence. And that was Nick's message to youngsters who visited his museum and took the time to listen to him. Follow your dreams. You fail only if you quit. With all the chaotic changes taking place in my own life, those words have stayed with me. Thank you, Nick.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Finding the Yoda Guy Art Gallery and Museum was awesome! Talking with Nick Maley and having him dedicate 3 pieces of artwork for us was such a fantastic experience. Can't wait to put them up in our home and to see if anyone notices the "stranger on the beach". The museum will surprise you with the history of several movies (not just Star Wars) and the behind the scenes information. Can't wait to watch some of these movies again and view them differently now that I know more about the making of the movie. Thanks again Nick for making our short stay in St Maarten even better! We look forward to our return and seeing how the museum has grown.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you are a movie fan!!

This is not a huge place but the love and care taken to present this memoribila as well as the fact that Nick Maley (that Yoda Guy) is available for conversations and photo's is FANTASTIC!!! He has great stories to tell and some truly wonderful things to see. All types of props, costumes, and photos from the ACTUAL movies are on display. Plus script pages, and his own artwork is for sale. The tour is short and inexpensive, but worth every penny and more.
The stuff on display is unique!!!!

I look forward to going back!