“Great Fun and Exciting Day”

America's Cup Yacht Racing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can participate in a mini-America's Cup boat race in actual boats from the 1987 competition, including Dennis Conner's famous Stars & Stripes.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was the highlight of the day, were were staying on the Island for a few days and the race was the best sailing adventures we have ever taken. Some of the jobs on the boat are easier than others M. y wife was the time keeper and our friend was the bartendar.

1  Thank Candy20010
"bucket list"
in 10 reviews
"an excursion"

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was hands down the best excursion I have ever been on and the best value for your money. We were cruising to celebrate my husbands birthday so he got to pick our excursion and when he picked this I was petrified. I was a nervous wreck but ended up having a terrific time and I would do it again in a heart beat. I would highly recommend taking an active roll when you are given the choice. I was a grinder and my husband was handling the ropes at the back of the boat. It made you truly feel like you were contributing and not just a bystander. The crew was terrific and very knowledgable and I learned a lot while I was having fun!
We had several people in our boat that have taken this excursion numerous times because it's just so much fun!

3  Thank Tracy J
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was recently in Cozumel on a cruise and booked the 12 Metre Yacht Race. It was so much fun. The crew (Captain Tom, Danny, and Andre) were great! They were funny, friendly, and patient teaching those participating in sailing the boat. (I had never sailed before.) I was lucky and sailed on Dennis Connor's Stars and Stripes. After the race, there was time to sail around for a bit and just enjoy the yacht & water. This just might have been my favorite excusion! I will definitely sail again.

2  Thank Rosiek94
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a brief introduction to The America's Cup history we were split into teams. If you are lady that DOESN'T want to be the team captain, don't look like it. Then off to the boats to learn your job, and off to race. Free water, sod, or beer on board the boats after the race. It was well worth it.

6  Thank Brett H