“An amazing excursion!”

Sea Trek St. Maarten
Ranked #4 of 57 Tours in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Trek St. Maarten is a 2 ½ hour tour excursion that runs several times daily. The tour starts with a 5 minute walk from the gangway to the water taxi pier and a 10 minute boat ride out to our staging area. Once on board the Sea Trek dock your guide will give a safety briefing and will answer any questions that you may have. The underwater trek itself takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete; based on the number of guests participating in that particular tour, 2 separate tours may be made. Each tour will have no more than 10 guests and will have a minimum of 3 Sea Trek staff members with the tour at all times as a safety precaution. If there are 2 groups participating in the tour, while one group is underwater the other guests are offered the opportunity to go for a snorkel while they wait. Once both groups have completed the Sea Trek tour there will be an opportunity to buy photos taken of you on the trek before boarding the boat and getting shuttled back to the cruise ship pier or the main land.Helmet diving feeds continuous air through low pressure lines on the surface down to the Sea Trekker under water. The air pressure inside the helmet keeps the water level right around shoulder height and the majority of the time you won’t even get your hair wet. You climb down a ladder from the Sea Trek dock that reaches 20 feet down to the ocean floor. The track, a loop approximately 300 feet long, takes you past both natural and artificial reefs such as a helicopter, a plane, a submarine, King Neptune and 2 canons salvaged from Fort Amsterdam. You’ll be also invited to interact with some of the local sea creatures along the way. Once back to the beginning of the track loop you climb the ladder back onto the dock while personally lead both up and down the ladder by a guide or safety diver.Min 8 yrs. and able to walk and climb a ladder. You have to be in good physical condition and sign a waiver. This tour is not recommended for guests with physical disabilities, a pacemaker, severe asthma, claustrophobia or for women over 3 months pregnant. Max depth is 20 feet. There are tee shirts, sodas and bottled water available for purchase after the tour – cash only please. No rest room available at the platform. No secured lockers available.
Omaha, Ne
“An amazing excursion!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend loves diving and invited me to get a taste of it with this SeaTrek tour as an excursion on our January 2013 Norwegian cruise. The staff did a fantastic job of explaining the equipment and letting us know what to expect. I felt safe at all times, and while the first few minutes on the seafloor felt strange, soon I was busy looking at the fish and other undersea life, as well as the fascinating relics on the tour. We both had a wonderful time, and I would definitely consider doing it again. It was a wonderful experience and very good value for the cost. Friendly crew, clean equipment, and some truly unique underwater views--a great trip!

Largo, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sea Trek - A Great Underwater Experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

A different unique way to see undersea life without being a certified scuba diver! The team that take you down are the best, no need to worry or be afraid, they help you every step of the experience. It is an awesome world underwater!

Windsor, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Totally Awesome”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Friends and I did this in Jan.2013. The staff was excellent and Mike (a Canadian) did an incredible job of explaining what to expect. It's safe for all ages and thoroughly exciting. Safety was the first priority and there were divers with us at all times. Lots of colorful fish and even a sunken helicopter. Exhale all of the air out of your lungs, It's easier to stay down. Can't say enough good things about Mike and the crew.

1 Thank uf0cdn
Plymouth, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We did this trip on 18/01/13. Fantastic time had by us all. Initially a bit nervous especially when you read the disclaimer you need to sign before you go, kinda makes you a little worried about what might happen there!
However, the staff were fab, really put you at ease and explain everything which really helps. They genuinely want you to have a great time and when you are underwater they check all is ok with you, bring you things to hold, look at etc.
The helmets are a little odd at first as the air supply is loud (reassuringly so) but as long as you do what you are asked in terms of keeping your head how they suggest, all is good and you can see, breath, move etc.
Visibility was a little murky but we were able to see the fish and relics/props. Staff made sure someone was always with you whilst down below. My daughter and I were first down and although waiting for others to arrive, we could see a diver at all times which was reassuring.
We were underwater for about 30 mins and it did get a little chilly for me but Hubby and Daughter did not seem to notice.
The staff let you feed the fish and that is a real treat as they are definitely not shy fishies!! The photos taken are really clear and, in my opinion, worth the money as you get the whole group on a memory stick, a great reminder.
We would definitely do this again and recommend.
Thanks guys for an awesome experience

Pickering, Ontario
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I did the Sea Trek in St. Maarten. We are not divers so this was a new experience. The staff was great and the helmets were perfect, no problem breathing or seeing underwater. I wear glasses so this was experience was wonderful. I have snorkeled but without my glasses it is very hard to see things. My wife was a little concerned when we signed up but she was the first one down and had a big smile the whole time. After doing this you will want to take up scuba diving. This was the highlight of our vacation.