“Fun and Relaxing”

Tiki Hut Snorkel Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiki Hut is a floating platform that can hold up to 80 guests in a shallow cove in Little Bay. The snorkel park is 20-30 feet deep. On the TIKI HUT you'll find a nice bar & grill, deck chairs, umbrella's and a 5 feet deep pool. You can stay as long or as little as you like. Snorkeling, hanging out at the bar, have a tasty hamburger or fish sandwich or a cold drink or,relax in a noodle chair, with a floating bar in the watery blue.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We did this as a shore excursion with some friends while on an southern carribbean cruise. We all really enjoyed ourselves. The snorkeling isn't the best I've ever had as the water is a bit murky, but there are interesting things to see like a sunken canon that rolled down into the water from an old fort and a helicopter. There is a bathroom but it's only a chemical toilet. There are drinks and snacks for sale. I loved the chairs and umbrellas on the floating raft as then I didn't have to worry as much about getting too much sun. The only bad part was the price as I thought it could be cheaper for what it is. I would recommend it and do it again however.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

When we go islanding we usually do a boat trip that includes a ride to a spot or two to snorkel, lunch, lots of booze, sometimes a stop at a beach and then a long boat ride back. This is perfect for those that dislike being regimented by a company's day in, day out repetitive trips with another faceless crowd of tourists.

What's different is that you take a short water taxi ride to the floating platform, settle in and then snorkel, laze about, eat at your own pace. I like to snorkel and although the number and variety of fish may not be as rich as a coral reef environment, there is plenty to be entertained by. The next platform over is this underwater helmet walk where they put people in these goofy headgear then they walk along a paved path, all the while spewing massive amounts of bubbles. No matter how much of a goofy tourist you are, watching those folks makes you feel like a knowledgable jet-setter.

The crew on the float was very friendly and efficient. The crew leader, Leroy, did an excellent job socializing with the civilians without going overboard with the usual "let's get drunk." The music wasn't overbearingly loud, making it difficult to hold a conversation. It was relaxing, if you wanted to doze off you could.

I snorkeled around 3 times, one time following a mantaray for about 15 minutes while it hugged the sea floor. No one called me back to the boat. I spent time floating around on a bunch of pool noodles, enjoying the sea and the sun. I sat on the deck, under an umbrella, shmoozing with some of the cruise people and had a nice lunch.

When we finally decided to go it was easy, the water taxi came and 10 minutes later we were back in our rental car zipping through traffic, cutting islanders off and scaring everyone else in the car. Great fun!

3  Thank klpopp
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This excursion can be whatever you make of it! You can stay however long you like. you will be taken back to port when you wish to leave. You can spend your day snorkeling, sun bathing, partaking in the food and drink(at an extra cost), or any combination. The staff is super friendly and the facilities (floating tiki bar/platform) are great. The inner pool is a must-try, as you can be surrounded by colourful fish and feed them by hand.
We chose to snorkel a bit and enjoy the sun on the deck for a few hours before taking a dip in the pool with the many Sargent Major fish.

1  Thank Lucky13-Greg
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I and my wife had taken two recent trips involving snorkeling. They were fun, but we only had a maximum of an hour in the water each time. I don't know if we got to stay as long as we did because it was part of an excursion from the cruise ship, but it was just what we wanted. The water taxi ride itself to the Tiki Hut was interesting- they are red boats that look like they've had their bow chopped flat. Once there, you exit to the hut which has a place to store your stuff and a small kitchen for food and drinks. You could get lunch there if you wanted to.
We got the equipment and local boundaries talk by the friendly staff, and then were turned loose. There is a small pool in the platform for practice or for kids if they don't want to go into the surrounding water. The fish are not quite as plentiful as in a reef area, but we still saw a number of them, including what we thought was a barracuda. My wife spotted a small octopus, and patiently- VERY patiently -tried to point it out to me as I stared at the well-camouflaged creature without being able to discern it. Finally I saw two bulbous eyes on top of its head, which looked just like part of the rock it was on.
We got out, dried ourselves, rested, and went back in to see the sunken submarine and helicopter (too deep for me to dive to, but it still looked cool); got out again, relaxed, and explored a third time. After four hours or so we were pleasantly tired and decided we were done as it was cooling off anyway. A very light sprinkling of rain passed by just before we left, the drops playing percussion on the water as accompaniment to the reggae music on the speakers. For some reason, it seemed perfectly appropriate.

2  Thank Piggeth
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Guides were helpful, fun, and accomodating---beautiful snorkeling experience in calm waters