“Cruising Along..”

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Hard Rock in Philipsburg, St. Maarten opened in December, 2010.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on a day-long stop from the MV Aurora, a P&O cruise ship. We'd done a half-day tour and wanted both lunch and a place to get away from the heat.

If you're used to fast service, you won't get it here but what you will get is very good food, well cooked, a stunning view of the Great Bay Beach and a relaxed friendly atmosphere as well as great air-conditioning. We both ordered the Classic Burger and these were fine though the buns were slightly singed. The milkshakes were superb and the cold drinks a real treat.

It's my first HRC - I find the London and Vegas venues overpowering but this was great.

Israel1525, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment, we truly appreciate it, we’re happy that Hard Rock Cafe St Maarten, has caused a big impression on you!!

Love All- Serve All

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not quite as loud as other Hard Rocks we have eaten in. The food was good-nice to have an American hamburger. Our waitress was efficient. We had covered afoot Phillipsburg, and were hot and tired....a glass of iced tea tasted so refreshing. Our hamburger and fries were delicious. Hard Rock is like a little taste of home in the Caribbean.

Awesome , we really loved that you've enjoyed of Hard Rock Cafe St Maarten, and is great to know that you feel with us, that taste of home

Love All - Serve All

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We came here to cool down and have a couple drinks and appetizers. There's two floors with the merchandise being on the bottom and the dining and bar on the top. They have indoor or outdoor seating as well with nice views of the bay. There was really no great rock memorabilia, just the typical stuff.

We sat at the bar and had some chicken wings which were good and nachos which were good too. I had a couple of Guaveberry coladas and they were really good and tasty. There's free WIFI and it works pretty good. Don't tip twice. Make sure to check your bill before you pay as they tack on a service charge which equals their tip. We had a good time and would return again ( with all the other touristy Americans) the next time we're in St Maarten.

Israel1525, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Hard Rock Cafe St Maarten ; It’s always important to us to make sure that our guests are comfortable

All is One

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I LOVE visiting Hard Rock Cafe on our vacations! I enjoy collecting shirts from the different locations and the wonderful food. When our travel plans took us to St. Maarten, I could not wait to get a shirt. My husband and I first walked into the Rock Shop to get our t-shirts. The two girls working in there never acknowledged we were in there. My husband found his shirt, and from the moment he picked it up, one of the girls began following us around as if we were going to steal it. She was right on us to where we could hardly walk around the store or talk to one another. We would move to another spot in the store and she would get right up on us again trying to check us out every few minutes before I had even found a shirt. I found several shirts that I liked, but the had none of them in my size (L or XL). I was very disappointed to not find a shirt and to be treated as if I were a criminal is not acceptable. We had planned on purchasing 4 shirts, one for each of us and two for gifts, but due to the way we were treated in the shop, we left with nothing. This store does not keep their stock up, and they do not know how to treat customers. We ended up not even going into the restaurant because of the poor service in the shop. I love Hard Rock Cafe, but this one does not stand up to their motto. Skip this location!

I apologize that your visit fell short of our usual high standards and failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please be assured that we take your comments seriously and have already begun to use them to build a better experience for all of our guests and definitely we will pay more attention in these details , specially in our rock shop and the service you mentioned

Thank you for share your experience with us

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The bartender and staff were extremely helpful. The food and beverage was great! My wife and I were the first people to arrive on the morning of September 28, 2013 and we were treated like royalty. THANK YOU HARDROCK STAFF!!!

We are so happy that your visit has been pleasant, We really appreciate your comments

Love All - Serve All