“Best day in St.Marten”

Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: If you click on any to the excursions at the bottom of my listing, you are not booking with Soualiga Destinations. You must contact me personally at my email address here to reserve. We are the first company to offer our "most popular tour" the excursion around St. Martin from the Dutch side to the French side, stopping at Tintermarre Island to swim with sea turtles in the French Natural Reserve , stopping for a break at Pinel Island with a beautiful beach and unique boutique, a fantastic hot lunch in Grand Case, the culinary capital of the Caribbean, snorkeling again with lot's of colorful tropical fish at Creole Rock, the best snorkeling spot in St. Martin and then cruising back around the island stopping for a swim along the way and the last stop in Maho Bay under the approach to Princess Juliana International Airport, #3 in the list of the world's most dangerous airports. From the boat the planes pass right over your head. In keeping with our high standards, that have earned us the highest ratings on TripAdvisor we continue to offer the newest, fastest, most comfortable boats of all the companies offering this type of tour. We have shade and plenty of room to actually move around on board. Capt. Bob and Soualiga Destinations offers PERSONAL SERVICE for activities including water sports, scuba diving, snorkel/beach tours, private charters, inter island excursions to St. Barts and Anguilla, and all land and water based activities. We offer activities to ship passengers on a private level and to hotel, villa/condo and timeshare visitors. Please contact me , Capt. Bob for excursion details and we look forward to making your day or vacation in St. Martin the best day of your vacation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day in St.Marten”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

After arriving about 10 minutes late and meeting patiently waiting Captain Bob, this day was bound to be absolutely amazing! It was my boyfriend and my last day on the island so we wanted to do something unforgettable yet enjoyable, and I could not have thought of a better way to spend it then this! Captain Bob and his son Brett were beyond great at satisfying any need you could possibly think of while spending a 6 hour day on a boat cruising the island. They were so friendly, personable, and kept you laughing the whole time! I wish I could go back thinking about how much fun I had! If you are looking for an incredible way to spend a day in the beautiful island of St. Maarteen then this is it!! You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Catherine M

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
salem ma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Money well spent”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had the pleasure of enjoying a perfect day out with Capt. Bob on Monday, April 21. We are a family of six (four boys ages 17,16,14, & 9) so it was a big investment to take an all day snorkel trip. Capt. Bob did not disappoint! What impressed me was the way he personalized the trip - by taking the time to talk to everyone on board, remembering your name, and always making sure you were having fun. He was great with the teens, great with the 9 year old, great with the fun twentysomethings who were on the excursion with us, but most importantly he was great with the 47 year old lady (me)!

His boat is beautiful, with three 300hp engines that he will use to go as fast or as slow as the customers are comfortable with. Very important to me was that I knew we were in good hands and were very safe on a lovely boat with a very experienced crew (Bob and his son Brett).

As mentioned by almost everyone, lunch at Grand Case was delicious, and even then Capt. Bob and Brett were working diligently to keep things moving at a pace that would maximize time out on the water. I would highly recommend this very professional and well run tour to anyone visiting St. Maarten.

1 Thank kellycSalemMa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A short (about ~1/4 mile) walk from our cruise ship to the dock where Capt Bob met us. There were about 20 people who sgined on, so our group was split into 2 boats. We went with Capt. Tyrell and his modified off-shore racing boat. It was fast - upwards of 50 knots.
You can find the details of where we went and what we saw on the various websites. But I just want to say the ride and the Capt were great! I would recommend this tour to all.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank traffic_guru
Hartford, Connecticut
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A++ Adventure, Awesome Boats, Amazing Captain, Top Tour”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This tour is exceptional. Captain Bob and his staff are true pros. The boats are Wow! Captain Steve was incredibly experienced at navigating through some rough waters which we had that day.

The sites we visited were breath taking – a couple of out islands and a beach with a lunch stop at Pinilla Island which was like something out of a movie. I couldn’t believe it was real. This was many steps above the cruise ship tours. For those of you on the boats take the very, very short walk around the corner and get yourself to Bob’s. There are about 12 people maximum per boat and the destinations are not crowded at all. Of note, the staff knows you need to get back to the cruise ships so don't stress about time - they get it.

I took my 12 year old daughter and we both had a blast. This tour was the highlight of our whole trip.

Raleigh, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Best on the Island - Capt Bob does you RIGHT”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We walk over from the cruise ship - right where Capt. Bob tells us. Great organization and we're about to set for a great day.

We get in a boat with Capt. Tyrell - AWESOME boat driver and guide. Knows all about the island, places to go, etc. Tyrell ROCKED and we can't say enough about our driver.

So we depart from the bay and get a great tour of both the French and Dutch sides. Lots of history, facts, commentary, etc.

Fun ride out to the island where we will snorkel. Equipment provided and we go swimming with the turtles. What fun!!! We stay there for a while (oh...did I mention free BEER and drinks)? Oh yeah...we were all having fun.

We leave there, tour around the island, get to see many differents views, and we then head to this pristine beach. Ladies all get off to do a little shopping, but one look left shows there are things on this beach you don't see is most public beaches. You know what I mean here...interesting sights to say the least. We stayed here to enjoy the beach, swim, then head over to another part of the island for lunch. We get a sit-down lunch (port ribs were to DIE FOR). Then a boat ride over by the airport. You HAVE To go by the St Maarten airport and watch some take-offs and landings. What a hoot that is.

4 boats together and we all leave for the boat ride back to the cruise ship. We had a little mini-race on the ride back and we had so much fun.

Summary - You simply can't go wrong. Others we talked to as a part of our 4 boat convoy - not an unhappy person in the group. For everyone in the group to say they had fun - what does that tell you. Nice boats, comfortable, drinks, lunch, snorkeling, beaches, airport, trip around the island....could not have asked for more. In fact - we had such a good time I want to go back.

While we weren't in Capt Bob's boat personally, those with him said nothing but good things. And our driver, Capt. Tyrell - you did an AWESOME job. And I agree with you - your boat is one of the fastest!!!