“Now that's what the Caribbean is all about!”

Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours
Ranked #1 of 56 Tours in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: If you click on any to the excursions at the bottom of my listing, you are not booking with Soualiga Destinations. You must contact me personally at my email address here to reserve. We are the first company to offer our "most popular tour" the excursion around St. Martin from the Dutch side to the French side, stopping at Tintermarre Island to swim with sea turtles in the French Natural Reserve , stopping for a break at Pinel Island with a beautiful beach and unique boutique, a fantastic hot lunch in Grand Case, the culinary capital of the Caribbean, snorkeling again with lot's of colorful tropical fish at Creole Rock, the best snorkeling spot in St. Martin and then cruising back around the island stopping for a swim along the way and the last stop in Maho Bay under the approach to Princess Juliana International Airport, #3 in the list of the world's most dangerous airports. From the boat the planes pass right over your head. In keeping with our high standards, that have earned us the highest ratings on TripAdvisor we continue to offer the newest, fastest, most comfortable boats of all the companies offering this type of tour. We have shade and plenty of room to actually move around on board. Capt. Bob and Soualiga Destinations offers PERSONAL SERVICE for activities including water sports, scuba diving, snorkel/beach tours, private charters, inter island excursions to St. Barts and Anguilla, and all land and water based activities. We offer activities to ship passengers on a private level and to hotel, villa/condo and timeshare visitors. Please contact me , Capt. Bob for excursion details and we look forward to making your day or vacation in St. Martin the best day of your vacation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our holiday took us to Venice, Rome, Tenerife, St Kitts, St Martin, Miami, Florida Keys, and New York … and the highlight of this trip? Our day out with Soualiga Destinations! It was perfect in every way. We’d been a bit disappointed with St Kitts and, as I’d never been to the Caribbean, I was relieved it lived up to all my expectations after all. We turned up early for the trip (having read about someone missing the boat – we did not want the same to happen to us) so we enjoyed a coffee at the dock front restaurant and watched the scene in from of us. Captain Bob came to see us off, but we were taken out by Tyrell (and what an amazing job he did!) on the amazing “pirate” craft that flew across the water to gorgeous little spots. At each wonderful place we stopped, we had just long enough to enjoy it, but never long enough to wonder what to do next. We saw turtles and rays amongst many other fish – we loved the iguanas. Our favourite spot was Pinel Island (remember you can pay in euros on the French side of the island) and bought a couple of beautiful sarongs in the little shop there. Lunch was exactly what was required and positively delicious. We had free drinks on the boat, but treated ourselves to a guava-berry cocktail to accompany the best tasting fish lunch we’ve had in a long while (Cruise ship included!). Sun-drenched, wind-swept and happy, our day finally ended. You can guarantee that if we ever get to St Martin again, we’ll take this trip again. Pure magic.

There are newer reviews for Soualiga Destinations Boat Tours

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I contacted Capt. Bob about an excursion during our Royal Caribbean port day in St. Martin. He was extremely helpful, advising that his speed boat wouldn't be the best fit for us since my wife was 20 weeks pregnant at the time. Instead, he suggested a more gentle excursion aboard his friend's tall ship, The Lord Sheffield (which was a GREAT time...see my review). Capt. Bob took care of all the reservation/deposit stuff and even met us at the dock before we departed. Though we didn't get a chance to go on Capt. Bob's boat this time, we will DEFINITELY be getting back in touch with him the next time we find ourselves in St. Martin. All the wonderful things everyone is saying about him here on TripAdvisor are absolutely true. We could tell just from our relatively limited interaction with him. Thanks, Capt. Bob!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I highly recommend this tour. Great time, lots of fun, sun, cool boat, and great swimming. Bob's great stories, and fun demeanour who was also very concerned about safety and getting everyone back to their ships. We are boaters and I felt 100% comfortable leaving it all up to Bob. I will for sure be doing this again.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We met Capt. Bob on the dock after a short walk from the pier from our Royal Caribbean cruise on November 26, 2013. Capt. Bob was just as nice in person as he was in all his previous emails to set us up for the excursion. Our captain for the day was named FAB. He was really awesome and very knowledgeable about the island. First, we took a ride out to a private island and swam with sea turtles. Then we went to a restaurant and had a wonderful lunch. After relaxing on the beach for a little while we went to a second spot and went snorkeling in a great location. Lots of fish and marine life to see. The next stop was the airport where we got to experience a 747 taking off and feel the jet blast of the engines blowing towards us while it was taking off. I would have to say that this was the best excursion I have ever been on. My kids (7 & 10 years old) are still asking me when are we going to go back and swim with the turtles again. Capt. Bob is a true professional and I would highly recommend taking this excursion.

1  Thank ishamfamily
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Captain Bob could not have been nicer or easier to work with. While he could not take us on our trip(s), his team did an amazing job!! Especially the cute guy who took us out on our snorkeling tour. The most surprising thing of all was how great the lunch was. We were expecting nasty sandwiches and a bag of potato chips, but the lunch was excellent!!! We also took a sunset cruise but had horrible weather. Not the fault of Captain Bob - but the crew was amazing and did everything they could to make the situation better. They kept the Champaign pouring but ran out of snack food. So eat before hand just in case. I would recommend this great group of people highly - we had a great time.