“Rip off service charge”

Oualichi
Ranked #24 of 103 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: Bar, Caribbean
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tenerife
“Rip off service charge”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The beach resturant looks inviting and is reasonable clean. A good menu for a snack although a few more options would not go amiss. It was quiet when we went. The meal was average. The burger was good the bread a let down. I had goats cheese salad but more lettuce than anything else. Some more tomatoes and the introduction of cucumber and peppers would have been nice. It came with Parma ham which was a waste more salad and fruit less lettuce would have been good.
I thought the food was overpriced for what it was. Bread was served with salad but it was not fresh and did not come with butter. The sting came when bill came. They had put on 20% service charge which was way out of line. I like to tip if I think it has been good service. But it seems it is common practise to put 15% on but 20% was way out of line especially for a nothing special meal and service. We queried it and was told that was standard which it is not. We refused to pay and suggested they bring bill back with 15% on . A French man did he hadn't waited on us he was sat on a table smoking and drinking. He said the boss wasn't pleased and it would come out of his pocket. But I thought that service charge went to staff and not bosses. No where does it state on menu 20% service charge. This I think is a real rip of and taking advantage of tourists. 20% is way over the top it is only a snack bar. Would not use again. Plus service charge is only supposed to be on food at least it is in England.

• Visited April 2013

Kitchener
“Great place for a cold beer”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

All I wanted was a cold beer before I headed back to the ship. There are so many places to choose from as I walked down the beach area, but I decided to sit on the patio of Oualichi. The view toward the blue ocean, white sand and people watching was great as I sipped on my cold Heineken.
You can order food as well. I wasn't hungry but what I saw the waiters delivering to the other tables started to whet my appetite.

• Visited February 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Broad walks Best”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been eating here for 3 years whenever on SXM, best watering hole on the Broadwalk, good choice of lunchtime food and large ice cold glasses of draught Heineken. Service excellent, staff always happy to help. Views across the beach and Great Bay exception.

• Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“It is also a nightclub!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You also have a club in Philipsburg. I think it is the only club on the Boardwalk. Whent there and had a great time. It' s called Oualichi Club and you can hear the music all over the Boardwalk, so it isn't hard to find. They played all sorts af music.

Visited January 2013
Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Busy place”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

One of the most busy restaurant on the boardwalk. Good cuisine, super service. Real nice place to enjoy a meal and watch the boardwalk activities

Visited July 2012