“All you can eat ribs - AWESOME!”
Review of Mark's Place

Mark's Place
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Some of our St. Martin friends brought us to Mark's Place for the all-you-can-eat ribs. They did not disappoint. They were fall off the bone and flavorful. I don't know why, but I was surprised to find such good ribs in St. Martin - I guess I just didn't expect it. Our service was really good - no complaints at all. I wish I could discuss more of the menu, but we went to Mark's Place for the ribs and that's all we had. Driving from Simpson Bay, this is located in the same complex as the big supermarket near the first roundabout you hit (past they Kooyman lumber yard) once you get into Phillipsburg.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been going to Marks place for over six years and the staff is wonderful and the food is excellent. The consistency is there for both the service and the quality of the food...

1  Thank EnergyEvans
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We like going to Mark's Place because it's close to our hotel. We usually have the ribs but decided to have something different this time. I had the lamb chops with the scalloped potatoes. That was delicious! My husband had the talapia but he said he wasn't all that impressed with it. The service is always good and the atmosphere is nice. If you go here and aren't sure what to have go with the ribs and the scalloped potatoes and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Mark's place is located next to a supermarket, not very easy to identify even for someone driving past it. It is not by the beach or overlooking any view, but the plus side is that given the location is out of of the busy centre, there is ample space for parking.

The host is very friendly and greeted us as we got in - Handed us menus, asked us for drinks and explained what the special for the night were. Very helpful!

I opted for the Baby back ribs and my partner opted for meat lasagne, with chicken wings and mozzarella sticks for appetizers. On the night they had a very reasonable offer for all you can eat ribs, but gave it a miss - knowing the Sint Maarten portions, my portion would have been more than enough.

Starters arrived pretty fast - nothing fussy. Good food on the plate without any fancy presentation. Our mains arrived soon after. The ribs were delicious, tender and nicely coated with a delicious barbeque sauce. The ribs came with a salad which could have been easily left out. A mix of a small green salad and some mixed veg.

By the end of the meal we were both too full to opt for dessert. All in all, good food with a friendly service!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Restarant is in the Grand Marche Shopping mall. It has fantastic food. They have ribs that fall off the bone. I love the steak and escargo!!! They also have deserts and expresso. Whe dining there I see many locals and that is always a good determination of how good the food id. The price is also very reasonable. I go to St Maarten once or twice a year and I always try to eat there at least once during my stay. Try this restaurant. You will not be disappointed!