“AWESOME!!!!!!”
Review of Pirate Tours

Pirate Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore St Maarten/Saint Martin in a modern day Pirate Tours Speedboat that rips through the water with grace, style and comfort. The Captain will navigate the blue Caribbean waters to explore the beautiful beaches and reefs that both the Dutch and French sides of the island have to offer. Come seek the hidden treasures and jewels of the Caribbean with us. The Pirate Tour trip provides a boat excursion that is not just sightseeing the island of St.Maarten and Saint Martin, we also bring you to Creole Rock and Tintamarre, only reachable by boat. There you will get the opportunity to sun on the white sand beach or strap on your fins and mask to snorkel with the green and hawksbill turtles native to this Caribbean paradise. Once hunted close to extinction, Tintamarre is now part of the St.Martin Nature Reserve and we ask that you not “ride the turtle” as we wish to preserve the beauty and serenity of the area. Fins, Mask and Snorkel are supplied by the boat but feel free to bring your own if you have the equipment. Lunch, Drinks & transportation Included This trip departs every day at 10:00 a.m. returns at 4:00 p.m. from Waterplay Marina in Philipsburg.
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Kids had a blast as do did I!!!! Snorkeling was phenomenal! Been to islands since then and my kids r like " why don't the fish look bright like in st Maarten?" Lol

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent a day with pirate tours exploring St.Marten, and wow! What a day! It started with Andy, one of the owners going above and beyond to find us a boat when the other was already booked. He stocked the boat with drinks of our choice. Andy and his staff were professional, extremely knowledgable about the islands history, and lots of fun!!!! We snorkeled with sea turtles, swam with angel fish literally surrounding us, had lunch and fun at the beautiful Pinel Island and overall just had one the most amazing days of my life. My friends and I will never forget our experience with Andy and pirate tours. Hands down if you are traveling to St.Marten you absolutely have to spend a day with pirate tours! From the Dutch to the French side, you will see so much of what this beautiful island has to offer.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked this trip exclusively for a family group of 12. We were celebrating 2 birthdays: a 60 year old grandfather and his 3 year old grandson. Many ages in between and ALL thought it to be an excellent tour. It was really nice to see St. Maarten from the water and get to experience snorkeling at the different sights. Tyrell was a superb captain and had just the right amount of information and humor. He was very attentive to our needs without hovering (even watched the kids while the parents snorkeled). The food at the beach side restaurant was delicious. Overall, it was a smooth ride for the windy conditions we had. It was a great break in the middle of our trip and gave a wonderful island overview.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

You get to see sea turtles, sting ray, fish, and who knows what else on this all-day snorkeling extravaganza! We stepped on the boat last week to find one of the best trips we had all vacation. You get to stop at Pinel Island and Tintamare and Creole rock and Grand Case. Our guide, Tyrell, was fantastic and funny. We'll be going again next year for sure!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I have been to St. Maarten many times, so when we were booking a cruise to the Eastern Carribean our travel mates asked us to book an excursion there since we are familiar with the island. We had seen the Pirate Tour boats while we were at Pinnel Island in February and thought they looked like a lot of fun, so we contacted them to arrange our trip. We met our Captain, Tyrrel, at the marina and boarded the beautiful speed boat. Tyrrel is awesome! He grew up in St. Maarten so was extremely knowledgeable about the island. You could tell rite away that he knew what he was doing driving the boat and giving us a fun, high speed ride around the island. We stopped at several spots to swim and snorkel. We saw several green sea turtles, spotted eagle rays and tons of fish. Tyrrel knew all of the good spots to take us. We stopped at Pinnel Island for a Mojito at Karibuni (one of our favorite places to eat, drink and chill on the beach when in St. Maarten. Highly recommend!) and then had lunch in Grand Case. lunch was a choice of ribs, chicken or fish. I had the ribs and they were excellent. They had a really good homemade hot sauce there. Yumm! We then proceeded to Creole Rock for more snorkeling. Saw tons of fish and enjoyed diving off the bow of the boat into the beautiful blue water. Next up was La Semmana where Tyrrel asked for a guinea pig to jump in the water. I happily volunteered and was asked to float on my back alongside the boat. Tyrrel threw some chunks of bread on my stomach and I was immediately swarmed by hundreds of fish. It was very cool. We then took off for Maho and the famous airport to watch a plane land flying directly over the boat. Even though I have seen it a hundred times it never gets old. As our time was drawing to an end we sped across the water back to Phillipsburg. We got off of the boat, said our goodbyes to Tyrrel and the other passengers that we had spent the wonderful day with and headed for the boardwalk for some shopping. After a few minutes one of the people in our group realized they had left their bag on the boat. No sooner had we turned around to head back to the marina Tyrrel came running up, barefoot, holding the bag! That is going above and beyond the call. In summary if you are in St. Maarten DO NOT MISS THIS TRIP! Everyone in our group agreed that it was the highlight of an amazing week. We will definitely be taking this trip again when we return next year. I want to say a special thank you to captain Tyrrel. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! A++++ 5 STARS