“over crowded and rough”
Review of Pirate Tours

Pirate Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore St Maarten/Saint Martin in a modern day Pirate Tours Speedboat that rips through the water with grace, style and comfort. The Captain will navigate the blue Caribbean waters to explore the beautiful beaches and reefs that both the Dutch and French sides of the island have to offer. Come seek the hidden treasures and jewels of the Caribbean with us. The Pirate Tour trip provides a boat excursion that is not just sightseeing the island of St.Maarten and Saint Martin, we also bring you to Creole Rock and Tintamarre, only reachable by boat. There you will get the opportunity to sun on the white sand beach or strap on your fins and mask to snorkel with the green and hawksbill turtles native to this Caribbean paradise. Once hunted close to extinction, Tintamarre is now part of the St.Martin Nature Reserve and we ask that you not “ride the turtle” as we wish to preserve the beauty and serenity of the area. Fins, Mask and Snorkel are supplied by the boat but feel free to bring your own if you have the equipment. Lunch, Drinks & transportation Included This trip departs every day at 10:00 a.m. returns at 4:00 p.m. from Waterplay Marina in Philipsburg.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

On the day we were booked a group did not show up so they canceled one of the 2 boats scheduled to go out and everyone was crammed into the one boat. There were several large passengers and there was just not enough room and I personally think the boat was over loaded. 14 passengers the size of some is just too much for this boat.The bench seat was uncomfortable and the passengers in the front kept sliding back crushing my wife and I who are rather small. Every time the boat hit a wave, we were squeezed by the other people. The seas were very rough and the banging and the spray was very uncomfortable. I think they would have been smarter to limit the number of passengers but this is not my business. I got the feeling we were here today and gone tomorrow so why bother!

4  Thank gdcr

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a blast with this trip. We left early, our captain Tyrrell was animated and informative. They run this company very well and how can you go wrong with a free lunch and unlimited drinks?

We snorkeled at some great spots, saw some beautiful sights, and the lunch in Grand Case on the beach was fantastic!

I look forward to doing this again next time we visit. Thanks so much!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My fiance and I did the 6 hour snorkel trip and it was fantastic! We saw and swam with creatures we hoped to see, with plenty of snorkel time and in between was an amazing tour of the island via cushy boat, good music and awesome stops along the way. We highly recommend this trip (as long as you are able to climb in and hop out of a boat). Lunch on the French side, time on a really cool smaller island, checking out mega-yachts and smaller boats, 6 hours of gorgeous coastline, architecture and more....so worth it. The captain of the boat was a cool guy and he was professional and the same goes for Andy at Great Bay who went out of his way for us. Thanks Andy, it was a pleasure. We also rented one of your waverunners on our second to last day. Well worth it. Pirate Tours is top-notch! Thank you! John and Tricia, Upstate, NY

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had such an amazing time our day on our pirate tour. I coordinated a group of 36 and it all went flawless. Our driver was Jervis and he was amazing....he drove the speed boat with great expertise and he took amazing care of our boat....our group went out on two boats and we followed each other to each location.

We went to Simpson bay marina, tintamare island, pinel island (where we had a yummy lunch) and to semana bay.

What a great way to see the island....we have always had bad traffic on land.

The ride was fast and the kids had a huge smile all day long!

Our entire group loved it.

Thanks Andy and Jervis!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had 2 boats reserved for our large group - a mixture of adults and children. The tour included stops for snorkeling and lunch, which was at Pinel Island - a great spot and the food was excellent. The day we went out, it was very windy and the water was rough. Our captains, Jervis and Perry (I did not get the captains' names for our other boat) did a fantastic job navigating and calming some of us who were a little anxious about the conditions (cough, cough)! All in all, it was a great adventure and a good way to see the sights.