“Fantastic Value and Brilliant Food”
Review of Anand

Anand
Ranked #48 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Indian restaurant just a block from Front Street in Philipsburg, Saint Martin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Wonderfull value for money!! Staff so very friendly and helpfull. The size of the portions are huge! Order one Curry with all the trimmings and you easily have enough for 2 people. Flavours are wonderfull and such an extensive menu. Sadly the decor is some what basic. The drinks prices are very good and they only charge the price of a cafe. I went 4 times in 14 days. If you like Indian food this is a must go!

1  Thank 67RichardD

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I ate at Anand last night, and we enjoyed it very much, particularly after getting overcharged by a smaller local restaurant nearby the night before that. We ordered two types of naan bread (both were good), and two types of goat meat dishes, which were also good. The hostess/owner was very nice and we talked to her about our trip to India several years ago.

Our only complaint was that there were a little too many bones and not enough meat on the goat pieces. However, overall, I would say that this is a nice local Indian restaurant in Philipsburg which is a nice change from the abundant more expensive restaurants along the boardwalk.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

OK...

I usually don't thrash a place but this place had more 'issues' than you can shake at stick at...

I don't know where the positive reviews come from but they certainly did not eat the same food we did. I had dinner with my 16 year old son who loves indian food as do I. It was in the evening and I don't know this changes the quality of the food but here goes.

The Food: We ordered Butter Chicken and Chicken Korma, rice, and Naan bread. Well, in all of this I can say that the rice was the best. The chicken was stringy and the Korma sauce was incredibly bland and had HUGE unnecessary amounts of salt. As in serious salt. As for the Butter Chicken it tasted more like an italian sauce than anything. The taste not even close to that of Butter Chicken. The Naan was stale and cold. Reheated and not well at that. As I said the rice was decent and helped 'wash' down the food.

Price: Some folks might think that the prices in this establishment are decent. However, if the food would have been decent then one would have considered this a fair price. The portion was small (again for the price) and barely warm. NOT a good value per se.

Ambiance: I am a fan of different cultures... and, i think that having a bollywood movie on a small TV screen in the corner of the establishment is quaint. However, when the DVD or the broadcast constantly skips it becomes somewhat of a nuisance... to the point where it made us want to leave because it was annoying.

So, to sum up... this is NOT real Indian Food, not even close and is NOT worth the time or money you might consider to drop here.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My daughters and I look forward every year to our meals. The food is magnificent and the service spectacular. They are "zee best!"

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were met with kindness, simplicity, and authenticity at thus restaurant. We have eaten indiam food all over the world and found anand's delicious and affordable. Lots of vegetarian options! We will definately go there again during our week on st maarten.

1  Thank tcost12