7 people are viewing this hotel
$230
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$230
ZenHotels.com
$191
Official Hotel$230
FindHotel$230
Destinia.com$198
1,058 results
All reviews swim up bar within walking distance simpson bay full kitchen living room st maarten on site rented a car first floor ocean view time share nice size pool area is beautiful island family vacation fitness center night life
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed June 27, 2008

My boyfriend and I used my boss' time share and stayed at the Royal Palm for 5 nights. The rooms was very nice and completely updated. I loved waking up and going to sleep to the sound of the waves. However, we found the staff less than helpful throughout our stay. I had asked them to make us a reservation at Le Cottage in Grand Case (best meal we had - worth the drive) and they said they left a message with them. What they should have told us was that the island is so dead you don't need to make a reservation anywhere! Each time we asked a routine question it felt like we were putting the staff out. We got back from a day trip to St. Bart's and wanted clean towels and the woman informed me she was leaving and I can't get clean bleach towels until tomorrow (it was only 4:30). I am just not used to that kind of poor customer service. St. Martin does not really have that much going on....but we had a great day trip to Penal Island and enjoyed relaxing at the beach. Grand Case has the best restuarants so if you like good meals and don't mind going to the French side make the trip. BRING CASH - the bill is very different if you charge or pay cash with the dollar being so weak.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Just completed a 7 day stay at the Royal Palm Resort with our two grown children. As far as the accomodations where concerned, they were very good. Roomy, large kitchen and the view of the bay was great. For the hotel itself, we found the pool very small, the beach non existing. The sand or what they call sand, was like a cement composite filled with shells. The water was not clear and filled with rocks. We did enjoy snorkling among the rocks. As far as activities, there were very few. Two nights of a very short costly bingo and on night of keroke does not qualify as a fun time. The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to assist you. During our stay one of the two elevators was closed for repair and the other elevator lost overhead lights for 48 hours. The second day they put a flash light attached to ceiling for light. The restuarant was very good. The hotel just lacked the anemities to make you stay at the hotel all day.
Lady Lake, Florida

Date of stay: June 2008
Reviewed June 11, 2008

The Royal Palm is very nice. Our room was emaculate. The staff is a little aloof and not too helpful, but then we are pretty independent as owners. Yes the mosquitos are fierce. There is little to see or do in St. Maarten/St.Martin, lots and lots of construction in 5 or ten years it will be a real tourist town. The ocean is lovely. We signed up for a sunset cruise that turned out to be a party boat, not what we were looking for. I was very disapointed with the shopping. There was very little on both sides. I have a friend who is building a home there; can't for the life of me figure out why.

1  Thank Hamptonmom
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My family and I (my husband, myself and our two teenagers) just came home from a week's stay at the Royal Palm, and I have to tell you - all four of us were very, very, very happy with our stay. From the moment of check in, where they met us at the taxi and unloaded our suitcases, to the moment we checked out and they wished us a safe journey home and to come back soon, it was wonderful. So clean, so neat, the rooms were large, and bright and airy with fantastic views. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. They couldn't do enough for us. I never heard a cross word or unkind statement from any member of the staff. My daughter had left her ring on a beach chair and forgot about it. We went down to the beach later, in the dark, after everything had been put away, and one of the grounds men came out and offered to help us look for it. Unbelievable! He found it, in the darkness, buried in the sand. The entire week was definitely one for the memory book, just perfect from beginning to end, and I thank Royal Plam for much of that!

2  Thank AMLehman
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Royal Palm Resort , St. Maartin
May 18 2008
the resort is beautifully renovated inside, and work will soon take place on the outside. all the staff was great.
all rooms face the ocean, with a belcony, and huge windows that open about 20 feet. you feel like your outside, with the ocean breeze coming in.
lots of restaurants right across the street. I liked Pizza Galley
We took the Calypso Dinner Cruise, what a great French meal.
best snorkeling was at Mullett Bay
and Baie Rouge was the most beautiful beach.
We rented a car right from the resort and had no problem, if you think of parking in town as an adventure. but the only way to see all the beautiful beaches. (about $40.00 a day)
check out www.randomwind.com for a great sail. they are right outside the resort.
Debby & Ron