My husband and i were looking forward to this trip. It was a celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. When booking we requested ocean front. I followed up with an email to again confirm an ocean front room, letting them know it was a special occasion. I got a lovely email back congratulating us and letting us know that an ocean front room was confirmed. When we arrived we were told there were no more ocean front rooms available and they gave us a room with a view of the side of the hill which at the top of the hill was the parking lot. It felt like a basement apartment in the getto. We went to the lobby to voice our complaint and remind them of our confirmed booking and request a room change. The front desk clerk told me we had to speak to the General manager. He kept us waiting for 45 mintues! And he knew we were in the lobby. When he finally agreed to speak with us he was rude, spoke over us, interupted us, kept demanding "respect" and told us that maybe we should go to another resort!!! FINALLY he agreed to try to move us to another room. Again, kept us waiting for anothre 15 mintues before he sent out the front desk clerk to tell us he moved us to a villa. No offer to help us move our luggage...we had to lug it ourselves. The villa was fine. No view, long walk to the beach, but at least it wasn't in the basement and we decided to make the best of it. Then we used the toilet. Which wouldn't flush. We called the front desk. They said no one was available until the next day. We waited the next morning until 10 am, still no one showed up to fix the toilet after a few calls to the front desk. Finally I'd had it and went down to the front desk. Again I was told to wait for the General Manager. I flipped and told them NO. He then came out of his office, flinging open the door in a state of anger, and told me that because he hadn't had an ocean fromt room for me that nothing would make me happy. I told him that a flushing toilet was the most basic of amenity and it was disgusting that we had now been waiting 16 hours for a flushing toilet. He then made a phone call and sent maintenance.
Was looking forward to a message in the spa. It was a small hut that looked like a made over maintenance shed. Sad.
Beach was nice. Lots of noisy airplanes!!!
I would never go back and I would never recommend the place. We ended up having a great time because of the friends we were there with and the island was lovely. Orient beach was breathtaking. We didn't let this spoil the trip. But stay away from this place. Surly is the only word that comes to mind when thinking of the General Manager. He was the worst and should be FIRED!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, West Indies, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort