Stayed here in July 2005. We were supposed to have a 1 bedroom but it was on the hill away from beach. After 2 tries we agreed to settle on a Studio instead on the top floor over looking pool and ocean. Room was very adequate for just the 2 of us. Hotel is somewhat dated but we had no real complaints. Couch was pretty beaten and AC was noisy but all appliances appeared newer and functioned fine, king size bed was firm and shower was roomy with good pressure. Pool was nice and beach was fine though no one would confuse it with Grand Cayman or Aruba. Water not as clear and underwater bottom could be steep and had numerous surprise toe breakers. Being Summer getting a Palapa or lounge chair was never a problem. Staff was for the most part friendly and helpful, especially Melissa upstairs, always a smile and eager to assist. Lots of Beaches, restaurants, casinos and shopping in the area and around the island. A car is a great help with many outlets to choose from. We used Hertz, but would skip next time. Loved The Peg Leg restaurant along with Pineapple Pete's both busy even in off season and just down the hill in Simpson Bay. Front Street in Phillipsburg was good for shopping although pretty much the std Caribbean clothes and jewlry fare. Front Street is "the place" to buy liquor though. Not sure why but prices there were not to be found elsewhere. Marigot on the French side was very pretty and good for pastries etc but shopping was pricey. Same was true for St. Barts visit. Nice to see but expensive and very quiet. I wouldn't waste a vacation day to visit St. Barts again. All in all I wouldn't say any one thing in this vacation was outstanding but we came home having had an overall nice time and both agreed we would like to return to St. Martin and the Flamingo Beach.
Oh and a good deal for staying in touch is to rent a cell phone from East Caribbean Cellular in Simpson Bay near hotel. $40 got a $50 card and the phone for a week. ~.30/min anywhere around the island and to the US. A great deal compared to any other alternative for staying in touch with those back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg