Booked a studio here for my daughter and I to her spend spring break from college and rid ourselves of the Midwestern deep freeze. This place was a fantastic choice! Beyond the fact that the island is a really cool place to visit, the resort is fabulous! Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly faces, live Caribbean music, and fruit punch and snacks. Check in was a breeze and we were given our room keys to 7244 - a nice 2nd floor studio overlooking the ocean. The studio was quite large with a full kitchen and office area running the length of most of the room (full size fridge and stove, microwave, dishwasher, all equipment you will need to prepare and serve food including even a blender!). There was a super comfy king bed as well as a hide-a-bed in the living room. There was a pretty balcony with table and chairs and sun lounger. There was a large flat screen TV and DVD player in living area and another large flat screen in the kitchen which you can watch from the bed. Lots of closet and floor space!!! Our internet connection was fine with minor intermittent slow periods - who goes to the island to be online anyway! But for receiving your email, skyping, etc, it was perfect. The bathroom was nice and had a large shower - no tub, and lots of storage space for your bath items. The main areas were very nice and clean as well. There was a beautiful infinity pool, outdoor gas grills, and a shuffleboard area. There were also tennis courts across the street! You can rent snorkel equipment right outside on the beach as well as sign up for excursions and activities. Note that there is not a workout room - they do have a workout center at their sister resort down the road and their shuttle bus will take you there between 9 - 5 each day. The restaurant was really good and they have special theme nights as well as 2-4-1 happy hour specialty drinks. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful! If I had to point out anything bad it would be a couple of very minor wear and tear issues in the room - but these were VERY minor - some veneer coming off of a cabinet and an unfinished wall repair behind the toilet. Also cool, your US electronics will work here just like in US - same plug same wattage. I was very impressed overall with this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, West Indies, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort