Just returned from an 8 night stay at the Flamingo Beach and hope to return to the resort soon. The next time my husband and I plan to take a tour of the time share offerings; we enjoyed our stay that much! At first, things were a little "rocky" and I thought this review would be a 2, not a 5. The staff immediately took action when I told them my "ocean view" room was not acceptable because it overlooked the back of their beachside restaurant and the ocean could not be seen from the ground floor room, or its patio. (I believe the room once enjoyed a wonderful view, but an addition on the beach restaurant/bar took that view away.) The desk clerk (Germain) and the efficient female manager had my husband and me assigned to a third floor room with a magnificent ocean view! They handled my original complaint so professionally, and remained friendly even though they had additional work to locate a new room for us. That friendliness and warmth continued the entire 8 nights; every staff member we met or even passed in the hallway said hello and offered a nice smile. Our room was fantastic. I cooked 5 of our 8 nights because the kitchen in our studio room was fully equipped and had brand new appliance and a wonderful coffee maker. The blender crushed ice for smoothies much better than mine at home. The bed was so comfortable, the closet and drawer space was sufficient, and the bathroom shower easily fit 2 middle aged adults. Housekeeping service is not daily, but staff is easy to find if you need something. The room had plenty of towels and linens. The 4 beach towels provided soaked up the moisture and I found myself asking my husband to buy me some multiple times during our stay. (He refused, but next time I am buying a couple to use at home.) The Flamingo Beach is within easy walking distance to a small store, a dive shop, a great restaurant, bakery and more. It isn't a bad walk to more restaurants, stores and a pharmacy. The nearby dive shop, Aqua Mania offers boat trips to different shopping destinations and a great bus tour of the island. I believe the hotel offers a bus tour also, but since my husband did all of his scuba dives at Aqua Mania, we just booked all our activities through them. The airport is well equipped and easy to find flights to. The weather is spectacular, and the resort is everything I expected, and much more. There were people of every age range staying at Flamingo Beach, from newlyweds, families with children of all ages, and middle aged and older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, West Indies, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort