We stayed in this hotel because it was the best offer we got for a last minute trip we decided to do to this wonderful island.
This is like our 10th trip in the last 20 yrs.
we have stayed in the French side and on the Dutch side. We have stayes in big and in small hotels. So far this is the best.
It is a time share property and seems they put away through the internet certain rooms to fill in for those that don't show up to use their time shares.
We got an excellent dela. The premises are well kept. The only issue wwas one elevator that was not working and the one working was too far to our room; so we ended going up and down through the stairs but it was not that bad because the views you get to see are so gorgeous you won't notice the pain of the steps.
The roo, actually it was a suite, was excellent. A huge room with a kitchen, two TV sets, a big bathroom, a spacious balcony.
One thing that we missed was an ocean view. Seems it was the catch for the rate we got. Good rate but no ocean view. Anyways, we were out of the room must of thetime but for somebody with a long stay and with no car to move around it might make a difference.
The location is perfect. Close to the airport, to the Simpson bay area where most of the affordable restaurants are, and close to Maho Bay where you might find some sort of night life.
One reccomendation of a bargain to go for dinner is the Pricess Hotel and Casino where they have a dinner buffet for $10.00. When we went there after a few days paying an average of $75.00 per dinner for two each evening we felt like in an oasis. We were sceptical about the offer we saw in the local newspaper. We were expecting it was a way to draw people to a time share presentation but it was not. They just want to draw you to the Casino but there is no obligation to stay to play.
And remember renting a car is so cheap that is a no brainer, just rent a car. It is safe to drive but be prepared to deal with lots of traffic.
Don't miss Philipsburg Boardwalk.
The French side of the island is just good to go to the beach. It is too rundown and too expensive. An average dish at a restaurant is at 30 euros, and with the exchange rate its is about $50.00 and the portions are really small. That is why I loved the dinner buffet. The only thing I regret is having found it on the last evening on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg