The 3 of us stayed here 5 days. Flamingo is very difficult to find but well worth the trouble. From airport go over bridge & make right at Hollywood Casino / Burger King sign. Follow main road past Buccaneer, Casino, & Red Piano. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Everyone we met, from resort staff to timeshare residents to fellow vacationers, was pleasant, cheerful & helpful. Our ground floor oceanview room was very clean & stocked with extra linens / towels.
AC worked well & a surprise housekeeping visit on Thursday was very welcome. Beach area was right outside our door & resort restaurant ,Topper's by the Sea, was a short stroll from our room. For those who don't want to dress up to dine, I recommend eating at the resort's restaurant. Food & service is very good. Pool area was located at the opposite end of the resort, but well worth the walk. Small gift shop around the corner. There's also two ladies who sell clothing on the beach. I found their prices comperable to those at any other part of the island. My sister bought beautiful dresses for her 6 grand-daughters & I bought one too. :-) They're cool & comfortable!!
Hollywood Casino, small grocery store, Red Piano, Bon Appetit, & Hideaway restaurants are within walking distance of Flamingo. Buccaneer & Greenhouse are 2min. drive. Rent a car if you want to explore the island. Roads on Dutch side need a lot of repairs. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SPEED BUMPS!!! They tend to sneak up on you. Roads on French side are much better.
We truly enjoyed our stay here. We wish we could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg