Well, it's not a big and shiny overpriced resort, but still very nice and beautiful place.
The room was spacious, clean, the bed very comfortable, you have a well equipped kitchen and a large balcony. Our room was looking over the street and a restaurant with some music and people talking, but still no problem to sleep, as soon as you close your window, you can't hear a thing. Of course the rooms with ocean view are better for sure, so if I go again to St Maarten, I'll definitely choose an ocean view room in the same hotel.
Also, you can go buy some food or drinks in the closest supermarket, only 20-30 meteres from the hotel or find a nice place to eat or a bar just walking on the main street...
The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a private beach to the hotel. It's a small beach and it's a little crowdy, but not too much. You can relax there and make some snorkeling, there is a lot of interesting fishes and if you are a snorkeling fan, it's worth seeing :)
The restaurant on the beach - Toppers - is a nice place, but a little bit overrated and overpriced. In my opinion you can find better place for the same price. But of course it's personal choice.
It's worth staying in this hotel and you'll be really pleasantly surprised!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort