This resort is in a great location on a beautiful beach, but it doesn't reach it's full potential.
We stood in line for 30 mins at check in, and this is the only resort in the Caribbean that we have been to that doesn't greet it's guests with a rum punch.
We had a 1 bedroom unit that had a wonderful view of the beach. The unit was well equipped with high quality kitchen items and two 32" flat screen TV's. The bed was very comfortable. The A/C unit in the bedroom was very loud, though, and woke me up every time it cycled on. The toilet in the bathroom was like a marine toilet, which made for noisy flushes.
The beach was absolutely wonderful. Calm, clear waters, with plenty of room for everyone. We saw people at the beach when we woke up, and people were still there when we came back from dinner. The beach is clearly this resort's biggest plus.
The most friendly staffers are at Topper's (onsite restaurant) and those working the entrance gate. You can't charge drinks from the pool bar to the room, and they prefer cash not credit cards. My biggest complaint is that neither the front desk nor the activities desk would make dinner reservations for us. Such a minor complaint, but you would expect more service from a resort of this rating. The one time, the front desk person dialed the phone and handed it to me so I could talk to the restaurant, and the next time they told me that they can't make reservations for guests, so they couldn't help me. The activity desk told me they couldn't make any phone calls because they weren't allowed to have the access code. How is it possible that the activity desk can't make a phone call? She was very interested to ask (again) about signing me up for a timeshare sales presentation, though. Reservations might not be needed in September, but in February, this would be a big problem.
Overall - nice, clean units with sub-par toilets and A/C units, great beach, average pool, great location, poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg