We stayed at the Flamingo in June 2010 and liked it so much we went there again in June 2011. This time we had room 7501 (last year 7401) and it was really nice. Bathroom could have used a little upgrade, but it was clean. No problems at all, the staff was friendly and helpful, the meals were great. We ate at Topper's by the Sea (on the property) also Alexander's and Bon Appetit across the street are very reasonable. Went to Lee's and had a blast, as well as good food, tried Roma at the Pelican-a little deserted, but probably the best Chicken Parm I ever had. Took the water ride from Pelican to Marigot, great trip, Marigot sucks though. A little disappointed with no entertainment at Topper's, guess they cut back in the "slow" season. Had a little rain, but who cares? Try Sunset Beach Bar to see planes coming into the airport literally over your head
We met some really good people who we now call friends, looking forward to going the same week (maybe 2) next year. When you go to Topper's, make sure you talk to Nalia, the manager, she is a fantastic person, treats you like a friend.
People complain about the service and attitude here, we never experienced anything negative-remember--YOU TREAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort