We last visited the Flamingo Beach Resort in 1998, and we're now sorry we didn't return to it before now.
Our first surprise was the airport....its a real one now instead of the small collection of buildings when we were there before. We travelled via Paris with Air France, and the flight was totally uneventful, as was our arrival, and within 50 minutes of landing, we were in our studio.
Last time we had an ocean view, and we were delighted to discover we were on the first floor, just round from Toppers Bar, and once again overlooking the bay. The studio was almost identical to what we remembered, but the bathroom (no bath) had been remodelled at some time, and it looked like there were new drawer fronts on all the cupboards. The only minor disappointment was the absence of flat screen tv's, almost ubiquitous now.
The weather was poor, overcast every day except one, and one day of tropical downpour. However, apart from the rainy day, we were on the beach, and still came home with a reasonable tan.
The staff are all very friendly, but as a previous correspondent mentioned, one maid service over a 7 day stay is below expectations. Also be aware that you will be charged a compulsory Government timeshare levy of US$50 and also have a $7 optional charity tax added to your final bill.
But the bottom line is....we had a very relaxing time, and definitely won't wait 13 years till we pay the Flamingo Beach Resort another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg