Sea View Beach Hotel
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$208
  • Beachfront
Belair Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront streetper nightenjoyed my staygreat place to stayrental carbeachcarnivalsxmvacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I sent 3 days at the seaview hotel recently. First of all it is in the middle of everything. It is right on the beach and on front street where all the tourist shopping is. The rooms are tiny but reasonably clean. We paid only $75 US dollars. We had hot/cold water,a/c,cable tv,clean towels daily. But we only used it to sleep and then we were off again on another adventure.. If you want more luxury but with same great location there is the Holland house hotel which looked more up to date than seaview. I notice most of the guest were short stay carribbean visitors. If you looking for a dream hotel this is not it so look elsewhere.. But we had stayed 4nights before at the Westin dawn resort which was at a very remote location, so we wanted to experience life in the town and be closer to the airport. If you need a taxi ask the front desk and they would fix you up with a dependable one. All in all I dont think I will go back to this hotel because after 6pm the city closes down. The more happening place to stay would be Maho or Simpson Beach side. We had to take taxi everyday to visit the night spots.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank reena_tt
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is well-located in Philipsburg, and is clean and good value. But I wanted to write a review because the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My ferry to St Bart's was cancelled and it was no problem to organise a room for another night. When I returned a few days later to spend the night before catching a flight the next day, I was given a warm welcome (they remembered me after the ferry debacle!).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cazzakstan
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed a week and loved the Sea View. If you're looking for a budget hotel, this is the place. It's clean, attractive, and the staff are super friendly. It felt to us like home away from home. Big smile as I'm writing this, and I know we'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with outdoor patio/walkway look directly onto the beach and water.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay a couple of days before and a day after a cruise out of St Maarten. We didn't realize that it was the week of the Heineken Sailing Regatta, so it was really hard to find a hotel. I must admit that we only booked into the Sea View because it was all we could find for a couple of days at a time that was not a preposterous price. The busy time also forced us to fly from Toronto via Atlanta as the only remaining direct flights were $500 more. As appears to be somewhat the norm, our luggage stayed in Atlanta. The people in the hotel were helpful and welcoming and, after negotiating a shabby corridor we were shown to a clean, comfortable and well air-conditioned beachfront room. The Friday night was party night in Phillipsburg for the Regatta and we watched and listened to the excitement from "our" balcony, which was actually the end of the balcony that accessed the second floor rooms, but had a table and chairs. Meanwhile, the very kind lady on the front desk spent a lot of time and effort tracing our luggage which had come in on the next day's Delta flight and been given to a taxi driver who did not deliver it for about 4 hours - I guess until one of his fares took him past our hotel.
They are in the process of refurbishing this hotel. The vanity and sink in our room had been changed in the week we were away and they were preparing to repave the courtyard. We didn't stay there by design, but we'd book in there if we were going back to St Maarten and wanted to stay in Phillipsburg rather than in one of the many luxurious and fairly expensive resorts.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are lovely but more expensive. Don't be afraid of street side rooms as they roll up the sidewalks when the cruise ships leave.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peterborough_People
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Seaview hotel is right on the beach, the Boardwak, Front Street. Staff is friendly and very helpful. View is superb. You are one block from catching a bus to anywhere on the island for far less than a taxi cost. In the daytime, you are int he middle of everything. However, Philipsburg mainly serves cruise ships and much of the town essentially closes down for the evening (after 6 pm) when the cruise passengers have to return to the ship.

Room Tip: Beach view are beautiful but more expensive. This is not an all inclusive resort.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family