I had two separate stays here of one night each. The first night I arrived and they did not have my reservation paid for through Expedia. I had brought a hard copy of the reservation with me so they gave me the room I supposedly had reserved. Hard to say where the communication broke down on that. The room itself was very basic, but that's fine. There was no hot water in the bathroom - the knob on the shower for hot just spun - completely none functional. There was a huge roach (about a 3 inch body) in the hallway, but this is the tropics and there were no bugs in the room itself. About 4am there was a prolonged disturbance in the hallway of about 15 minutes of someone banging to be let into a room. Seemed like the hotel staff should have put a stop to it. On a good note, they successfully had a taxi there at the agreed time to take me to the airport. I was not looking forward to returning to this place two days later.
My return visit was quite different. Still had to show my hardcopy of the reservation for my stay, but they made a mistake and put me in one of their best rooms. It looked right out over the boardwalk and the next morning I watched as three cruise ships pulled in to port. No bugs in sight this time, hot water in the shower, everything worked in the room. It had a table and chairs by the door overlooking the boardwalk so it would be nice to sit outside. Basic room and a little run down, but quite pleasant.
The McDonalds across the street has free wi-fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea View Beach Hotel features beachfront rooms, which are all seconds away from a beautiful, white-sand beach, ocean view rooms and standard rooms, some of which give views of the capital, Philipsburg. The Hotel is located on the boardwalk in the heart of Philipsburg and is well-known for its world-renowned shopping, including many jewelry, souvenir and electronic stores. It is also within walking distance to four Casinos and many fabulous restaurants, fast-food outlets and the Cruise Ship Harbor.Our Breakfast Dining Room opens daily from 7:30am-11:00am. Sea View Beach Hotel has been recently converted to non-smoking with designated smoking areas within the property.High Speed Internet is Available at an Additional Cost.Sorry no pets allowed, check out time is 12:00 noon and check in time is 1:00pm.Must be 18 years or older to check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sea View Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaview Hotel And Casino
- Seaview Hotel Philipsburg
- Sea View Beach Hotel St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg