Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$208
$178
WIOL.com
  • Beachfront
Divi Little Bay Beach Resort(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
L'Esperance Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$145
$70
  • Beachfront
$128
  • Breakfast included
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$198
$100
Belair Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
4,341 results
All reviewssonesta mahoswim up bargreat baylava rockbutler servicepizzaocean viewil pescatoreseafood restauranta la carte restaurantspool deckentertainment staffsister hotelall inclusivesspecial thanksoceanview roombeautiful island
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We have been going on 2 vacations a year for many years now and perhaps are spoiled but this one truly was disappointing. As another reviewer stated it could use a facelift. Our first room was on the 6th floor ..we requested and upper floor...but the entire floor and room itself had a very mildew smell. The balcony also was half the size of all the others. They did change our room without a problem. The staff was not really very friendly and 2 of them actually rude. The beach and pools were very nice. The only problem with the beach was that there was no spa at the facility so they allowed local women to offer massages..sell trinkets...braid your hair etc. They were there constantly and even though you would politely say no they would come back repeatedly to "talk" and try again. They would offer different prices and make you promise if you changed your mind you would not go to someone else. Even with our eyes closed this person came back "are you sleeping" and continue to talk. I feel the resort should have more control over this and not allow people to be harassed.The biggest problem was the dining. The only good meal at the buffet was breakfast. The food was repetitious...usually overcooked and dried out. Others we spoke to also complained about the food. The only restaurant open... other than the outdoor buffet was LaCucina on 2 nights. Both nights the same limited menu and both nights out of my first request. We were there 5 night and Molasses the other a la carte dining option was never open. They also had a few activities during the day but never gave advanced notice...bingo...ping pong tournament...movie in the evening..they didn't say when or what the movie was...just saw a large portable movie screen and while they had music entertainment a few yards away the movie began. I think 5 people watched this movie...perhaps if others knew about it ahead of time they might have planned the night differently. I don't think I am difficult to please but I want to be honest so others will know what to expect

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nana91942
Reviewed June 9, 2012

According to some websites, this hotel is a 4 star resort. What a joke! Their is nothing 4 star about it. They tried to charge me twice for my stay. They put us in a room that had water pouring from the bathroom above us. When i went to the front desk to report it and ask for another room, i was told to come back 2 hours later when the manager would get there.... Really? When they finally decided to move us, the room we were moved to did not have a working key card. We constantly had to get our keys recoded and get them to open the door for us. There were holes in the tile floor and holes in the planter boxes around the hotel. The elevator was not working. The people at the front desk were rude and too busy to answer questions because they were talking with one another.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Travelchicntx
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Well, I had actually read the reviews and still decided to give the resort a try. Everyone's experience is different right? The resort is not bad, don't get me wrong it could use a facelift. But we did not book this trip to stare at the resort or stay in the rooms the whole time either. Now our issue was with the miserable staff. From day one we had rude, ignorant, miserable service. Before arrival we had requested a room on the main level as we were traveling with our infant child. I was told that I should make the request upon arrival. Well, I asked the person who was checking us in and was informed that I should have made the request before hand and was told "You get what you get". I tried to explain my long distance phone call but was ignored. We were told that our rooms would be available soon and to check back. A few of my fellow travellers with children were asking about their rooms and were told they were not ready yet and would be informed when they were. Well that never happened, when we approached the front desk we were told the rooms were not ready. But they didn't even bother confirming if they were. I went to our floor and asked the housefeeping staff if our room was ready, SURPRISE, it was. The front desk was not happy when I informed them we wanted our room then. That was just the beginning! The buffet menu was repetitive, don't be fooled when you make a request for a food item of the menu in the buffet area. They most likely have it but refuse to do their job. We made 2 separate requests for ice cream, the first time they "didn't have any" and the second time we asked we were sitting next to management in the buffet area and were served ice cream promptly.

I can go on and on. All I can suggest is stay at the MAHO. We went there and had an amazing time.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms have a beautiful view of the cruise ships docking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Sweetvoice
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'm going to start by saying that I am probably a little spoiled when it comes to vacationing. I've stayed at some beautiful hotels and resorts in different countries. I am 28 and went on vacation to St. Martin with my boyfriend. We were looking for a quick little 4 night getaway (June 2-June 6). I may have been happy with this resort when I was in college, but it didn't really cut it for me at this point.

The view was the best thing about this place. Absolutely gorgeous, and the added bonus of seeing the cruise ships park across the bay. The beach however could have been nicer. Since the hotel is on the edge of the bay the sand was very shelly and sharp. You cannot just lay on the sand comfortably. The water is very very salty (probably bc of the bay again) but beautiful and warm.

The bar staff, especially Nigel were the best. Very friendly and fun. Most of the other staff, wait staff, front desk, etc. seemed miserable. They acted like they were inconvenienced every time you needed something and they were also not helpful or knowledgeable about many things.

The worst part of it was probably that we paid for all inclusive which included meals. They have three restaurants at the resort that we were supposed to be able to choose from. The buffet restaurant, and Italian restaurant and a surf and turf type restaurant. The buffet was open every night and the food was not very good. The other two restaurants were hardly open during our trip. One was open the first night and the other was open the last night. The buffet didn't really suit my needs being a vegetarian, so having those restaurants closed was kind of a big deal for me. They should have disclosed that their restaurants are not open every night so that we could have planned better, or picked a different resort. Many items on the menus they actually didn't have also, which was very annoying.

The rooms were decent, each with a balcony and a mini fridge. The hallways and rooms had a musty mildewy smell, but it didn't offend me. The bed linens were clean and comfortable.

Overall it was okay. I probably wouldn't go back to this resort again, but I would consider staying at their Maho location which we visited, and appeared to be much nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kristen B
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Good: restaurant service staff are very good, especailly in the evening. Buffet choices are adequate in the main restaurant. There is also an a la carte restaurant depending on the day of the week. For business travel, the location is excellent. Walking distance to the government offices Philipsburg. Two large pools. Rooms are very clean. I believe they are freshened up in the evening. Casino.
Bad: beach is crushed shells rather than sand. Water is quite deep only a few feet from shore, so not great for kids. As friendly as the restaurant staff are, the front desk staff are not. Casino.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the beach side. Some of the rooms on the road side are quite dark.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business