We just came back from a wonder week in Saint Maarten!!! We loved our suite at Sonesta in the apartments room 366. We also visted the Sonesta Maho (near airport)which has a lot more to do and the food was so much better staff was very friendly the bad thing is the airplanes fly over you!! Both places were great!! Rented a car from Micheal at Unity which was wonderful. Beware of the driving there they will hit you and keep going. Taxis there are VERY expensive for example for a 15 mile ride is $50 one way for 2 people any additional person or child is $20 per person. Make sure you stay at an all inclusive it's very expensive!! For example a package of Oreo cookies is $10.00. The water and island is breathe taking.
My husband and I celebrated our 20th yr anniversity. We thought about bringing our 3 boys but they would be bored!! There really isn't much to do but go to the beach and shop!! The shopping there is very over priced. I couldn't believe what they was charging people. Don't forget everything is shipped there so thats why it's expensive!! The best advice I can give you take lots of sunblock and Rent a Car!!. Your Visa or Master Card covers the insurance, but make sure you take pictures of your car and all the scratches before you leave the lot, don't ask for a new one. A lady hit us the last day in the back and keep going. I hope this helped!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa is a serene Caribbean haven - and St. Maarten’s premier, limitless all-inclusive, adults-only resort. Delivering a new level of sophistication and style, the elegant destination hotel is situated on a mile-long white-sand beach, overlooking Great Bay and the sparkling sea. With endless amenities and personalized service, the resort invites guests to unwind at three swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars, a spa and the Golden Casino for the ultimate vacation experience complimented by stellar service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- St Martin Great Bay Hotel
- Sonesta Philipsburg
- Great Bay Beach Hotel
- Philipsburg Sonesta
- St Maarten Great Bay Hotel
- Hotel Sonesta Great Bay Beach
- Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg