“I enjoyed it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“I enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a little mix up on our rooms but Juan at the front desk did an awesome job making it right. We rented a junior suite and it is more then what we needed. Very comfortable, but you are in St. Maarten, how much time do you really stay in your room!
The beach is great, nice waves, good sand.
The staff is always friendly and helpful. Make sure you stop and see Eugene at the activities desk, she can arrange anything!
Food was great at each location, drinks are good.
It is costly at the store so you can save a little by going to the store.
Rooms are very clean and the maid staff does a good job maintaining. There is a lot of walking to get to your room so be prepared for that!
I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just arrived home from a wonderful trip to St. Maarten and the Divi Little Bay Resort. Our unit was situated right on the beach with a spectacular view. Resort is in a perfect location for getting around the island. We've been going to Divi for 6 years now and always find the staff very attentive and friendly. They make every effort to please. The front desk staff were welcoming, the bartenders poured great drinks and housekeeping responded quickly to our every request. We ate often at Gizmo's, the bar, and at Seabreeze, the outdoor bar restaurant. If your lucky you'll get Roxanne as a waitress. Food doesn't come out fast but then it is laid back in the Caribbean and with the great views -- the pool, beach, crystal clear water-- who's in a hurry! If you want to lunch on the beach you can always grab a sandwich from the Deli. There is bar/food service on the beach. The infinity pool and surrounding area is so tranquil and worth the walk up the hill. Be careful walking through the hallways tho since the tiles can be slippery when wet. The hot tubs were all working and very clean which always surprises me since I watch guest get in right from the beach and full of sand, especially children. Great to relax in at night under the stars - never crowded while we were there. Staff keeps up on the maintenance. Entertainment is frequent and good. The only part of Divi we don't frequent is the restaurant, Tucan's. Recently redone, it is attractive but just doesn't feel like you're on the island; and, being a foodie, I don't care for the menu. Just an opinion. We've travelled/cruised to most places in the Caribbean; and Divi Little Bay, while not elegant, is one of the best. All-in-all a great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carolyrider
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I thought the resort was excellent. We had requested a double bed, because they didn't have one they put us in a timeshare condo facing the bay. The beach was awesome and the room was very clean. The service at the bars is not that great and the restaurant was not that good. Overall a very good experience and we will go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank geomack012
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed for a week, we were in a beachfront hotel room. Close to the beach and the restaurants. The service was good, patchy at times, but as long as you are happy to wait , you will be fine. If you want snappy service, you shouldn't really be going to the Caribbean anyway! The resort was clean, and well cared for. We ate at the beach bar, great pizza! We also had good sandwiches at the Seabreeze cafe. It really is a lovely resort, easy walk to Philipsburg (taxi back to avoid the steep hills)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank loveUllapool
Wheatfield, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Would like to share my concerns regarding the security at Little Divi. Arriving Saturday Feb 1st, our first few days were delightful, stress free, and relaxing. Which is what we all hope for on a vacation. Wednesday Feb 5th my husband and I went into our wallets for our Passport cards and they were gone, we were going into town and wanted proper identification with us. We search and search with no luck. I then spoke to Andreas who is head of housekeeping. His response was one of which I didn't care to hear at the time. I quote "Eighty percent of the people misplace their items" really is that something you would want to hear at that moment when something so valuable was stolen. My jewelry was not taken, perhaps I was wearing it, our money, who knows, we didn't count our cash every evening before bed. Four out of seven nights the sliding glass door had been left unlocked by housekeeping. I was on the ground floor. Not good! The local authority was called we made a report out followed by going into town for a statement at the police dept. I have turned my home apart with no luck finding the passport cards. We NEVER take them out of our wallets. I thought the management perhaps could have taken this matter a bit more serious. The management Andreas and Celine really did indeed and probably still think they were misplaced by us. They are wrong! I have since canceled both of our passport cards with our federal authorities. We now have to go through the process again applying for our passport cards. What a mess!!!! As for the rest of the staff I feel they were very friendly and outgoing. The beach was beautiful. The room was outdated and the sliding glass door handles and lock was broken. You had to put a stick in the door. Hmmmm kind of makes you think!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Bumppers
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We are very happy to read that you had a relaxing and stress-free start to your vacation. It is unfortunate that your pistol licenses and passport cards went missing. Our front desk agent Juan, Andries and I sat with you and assisted with everything we were able to assist with.

I am glad to hear that you feel that our employees are friendly and outgoing. With respect to the stick you mentioned, I do note that because handle latches can be easily dislodged, a dowel or bar is the best type of security on a sliding glass door.

Sending best wishes for future relaxing vacations on beautiful beaches,

Celine
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our very nice studio unit overlooked Little Bay. Some of the units were on the Grand Bay side. Either one afforded a gorgeous view. The sand was soft, the water so clear, the breezes so refreshing. Lovely restaurants and entertainment. Three pools, including a small infinity pool. The front desk staff was efficient and fun. A very helpful activities director planned two excursions for us. One was an all day trip on a catamaran for snorkeling and lunch. The other was a half day trip to the French side of the island. It was a twenty minute walk into Phillipsburg. Taxis were also available. We would love to go back there.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms were right on the beach with a sidewalk immediately in front, affording little priva...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy K
East Hampton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband, daughter and I were at the Divi in late January and had a great experience. We've stayed at Divi many times and enjoy the beach, the views and the close proximity to shopping in Phillipsburg. The rooms and property are well maintained and the staff very friendly. Our 1 bedroom suite overlooked both Little Bay and Great Bay. Our suite had two bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen, large living/dining room and a very large balcony with lounge chairs as well as a table and chairs.

The service at Toucan's on the beach was outstanding and a definite preference over the Seabreeze café.

A small market on the property is staffed with great people.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Deb Z
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Wow! Great review! Thank you very much! I am delighted that you think our staff is very friendly and that our service is outstanding. I think everybody agrees that the ladies at the Bay View Market are indeed great! We are looking forward to welcome you back soon. Thanks again!

Celine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Alamanda Resort
#4 of 8 in Orient Bay
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino

Been to Divi Little Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!