As the title suggests my wife and I have been staying at Divi Little Bay on and off for 10 years and have just returned home after a four week stay. Sometimes we bring the family. The resort now feels like our second home, especially since we have subsequently bought a timeshare there. There is very little movement in staff, so we are always welcomed back among friends we know. I guess you could say that we like it there. I can, however, relate to may of the comments made in the recent reviews, but we are easy going, have traveled widely and look for the best in situations. So its hard to be negative. This time we found the check in staff charming as always and more than helpful when there appeared to be a glitch in the booking with one week incorrectly cancelled. We have again been impressed by the quality of the accommodation allocated to us. Our unit was spotless as always and housekeeping top notch. No snags apart from a slightly loose toilet seat, but we reminded ourselves again, since we do some self catering, about the need to bring a small salt and pepper pack with us and a copious supply of tea bags (being english we find the tea on offer in the local stores lacking). Oh! And there is never a kettle, so we use a saucepan to make tea. We find all the staff friendly and welcoming, but the bar staff are the best of the bunch and rotate around the two bars on the property. Apart from the need to re-hydrate, the bar is a place to socialize and so whilst we found the live entertainment enjoyable at times it was sometimes too loud to have a conversation with the person next door. My family laugh and say its because I am old and a bit deaf. The island is often rightly said to be the gastronomic capital of the Caribbean, but this is not apparent at Little Bay. The bar grill is best for quality and price for what it is, but the main restaurant is noisy, rather clinical and overpriced in my view. Because the meals for the most part are buffet type, guests are always leaving their seats and the chairs make a continuous scraping sound on the stone floor which echos in the large room with poor acoustics. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the food on offer, but it is a bit canteen like. There are many resort facilities which we don't use (gym, spa, pools etc.), preferring the beach and sea, so this review is incomplete in those respects.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, West Indies, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Little Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Little Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- St Maarten Divi Little Bay
- Divi Little Bay Resort
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Divi Little Bay Beach