I stayed at the Divi with friends recently in early December. The Divi is a low key spot that is a lot of timeshares but is a great place to relax. Some details:
We had an "upgraded" room which had stainless steel appliances (microwave, fridge) and stove. It was perfect for our needs. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. The balcony was great, although it wasn't screened in. Although our room was "new" it seemed some damage had been done in it -- although we didn't mind this if I were an owner I probably wouldn't be so thrilled. Our room was up the hill a little bit, but honestly I don't think that hill other reviewers have mentioned is anything to worry about, however it wouldn't be ideal for an older individual or someone with special needs.
Great stretch of beach, easy to grab spot, not overcrowded. There are two pieces of beach - one is much larger and the sand going in is perfect, no rocks. The small bit is a little rocky going in but there is some snorkeling over there.
The staff was overall pretty friendly (I was a little surprised based on some of the reviews I had read here prior). The buzzer they gave us for our room at check in never went off, so that was a little agitating. The excursions lady was very kind and helpful as well.
I don't consider myself a food snob (even as a New Yorker) but the food here is TERRIBLE. It was extremely disappointing, everywhere. Everything was like bad diner food. Not only at all the Divi restaurants, but all over the Dutch side. The only saving grace was the the little store where you can get croissants and coffee at Divi. The ladies who run it are also very sweet.
Cab vs. Car:
Cabs can get expensive and are usually per person. Not much to walk to from Divi so you might want to consider getting one for some of the time. Roads a bit confusing - some had no street signs. Luckily our rental gave us GPS with main spots programmed in it - very helpful!
Hope these thoughts may help you a bit, happy travels!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, West Indies, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Divi Little Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Little Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- St Maarten Divi Little Bay
- Divi Little Bay Resort
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Divi Little Bay Beach