Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
$208
Sea Palace Resort(Philipsburg)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
2,284 results
All reviewspure oceangizmos barseabreeze cafeinfinity pooltime sharesea breezefort amsterdamgrocery storejacuzzi tubone bedroom suitemain restaurantst maartenrented a carfull kitchenbay beachwater sportspizza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2012

After staying a mega resorts with 2000+ roooms, Divi Little Bay was a nice change. We stayed in a studio room in building G. Great view and just a few minutes from the beach. The condition of our room was a little run down. It's hard to keep things up in the tropics, and this place is typical. But we saw other rooms in the process of being remodeled...ours will probably be remodeled soon.

The local mini-store was handy for beer, snacks, etc. The beachside bar has great food and excellent live music. Swimming on the Little Bay side was wonderful. Rooms that face the Great Bay have a rock beach...no swimming.

If you are looking for 5 Star opulence, this isn't it. But if you want a smaller resort with a great location, Divi is great. We will come back again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent 3 nights in early December at the Little Divi and we will not be back. We had booked the accommodations for this part of our trip through a flight/hotel package with JetBlue and were really disappointed. We had spent the first 4 nights of our trip at the Viceroy in Anguilla and it was a complete 180 in every sense when it came to the quality, service and accommodations we experienced at the Little Divi.

When we first walked into the room at the Little Divi we were immediately hit with a mold/mildew smell...there was a water damaged ceiling in the bathroom and black specks of what we thought were either mold or mildew (maybe dirt?) growing on the ceiling in the living room. I called the front desk to see if we could switch rooms and was told they would call us back in a few minutes. I didn't think it would take that long to tell me if there were other rooms available but had to call back twice after hearing nothing from the front desk. The first time I was told there were no other rooms available. After being told this I called JetBlue and told them what kind of hell we were in and needed them to get us into another hotel (preferably the Westin which we should have gone with in the first place). The JetBlue agent was great and told me to call the front desk and tell them we wanted to be released from our agreement with the Little Divi due to the poor accommodations we were assigned and their inability to deliver a room that was habitable (my wife and I have mild asthma and we would have never survived a night in this room). Miraculously, after threatening to leave they were able to find us another room (an upgrade to a 1 BR suite which I'm sure they didn't want to give us in the first place). We found the new room acceptable and moved. The new room wasn't perfect either but it didn't smell. The room had incredibly slick tile floors which we found was kept somewhat dry by keeping the fans running 24/7 and little brown ants which seemed to congregate in the bathtub.

The beach is ok. After coming from Anguilla I think anything would have been a let down. Our biggest complaint with the pool/beach is the towel policy where you're only give 1 towel a day.

In the end, we survived but will not return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian L
Reviewed December 28, 2012

$20 cab fare from airport to hotel.
We arrived around 8pm the night before a scheduled afternoon departure on a scuba diving liveaboard called the Caribbean Explorer II.
Our room was on the 2nd floor of building D, overlooking the main pool.
Snack shop that servers bare essentials of water, beers, wines and other basic sundries closes at 9pm ... prices for items we needed were reasonable.
Hit the beach side bar, Seabreeze, for a few watery rum punches. Discussions w/ a few folks that had been there for the week evoked very positive reviews. Prices were about what you'd expect for a hotel/resort beach side bar.

Room was a king sized bed studio w/ a nice bathroom --- walk in shower w/ good pressure, deep 2 person whirlpool tub; nice patio w/ small table; small kitchenette w/ 2 burner stove top & small refridgerator. All would have served us just fine for a week long stay.

Grounds were superb -- clean, seemed very well maintained & location of the resort allows it to feel very private and secure.

Morning walk took me up to the Fort Amsterdam overlook which is very much worth the climb... not very strenuous but don't know that I'd do it in flip-flops. Great views from atop the hill. Walk also allowed me to discover the small infinity pool that is on the far southern end of the buildings. Nice LITTLE spot, hidden away.

Beach is not the nice soft white sands some may like, bit pebblely but plenty of chairs & cove seems to be very well protected so there didn't appear that there would be much surge to deal with.

Only real down side we found was during the checkout process (on a Saturday morning for us) w/ the increased number of persons checking out it seemed that there were quite a few folks waiting for rides to haul their luggage to the checkout counter --- which depending on which building you were in could be a several block walk. We didn't mind hauling our stuff. Others preferred to wait curbside for a ride in a cart.

Would I stay here again? yes.
Good location, staff we encountered was helpful. We are not the type to buy into the all inclusive so eating on property would not affect us.

Room Tip: Building D is about as far from the main offices that I'd opt for. Bit of a hike if you were staying any further south than that.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john e
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Where to begin? First, I should disclose that I am an 18-year timeshare owner at this resort. WIth that being said, I have had good stays and not so good stays here. I had requested an extra week in my same 1 bedroom deluxe room which is not normally so easily accomodated however the manager, Sandra Rogers, made it a point to email me and keep me updated. She made it possible for us to stay in our same place for 16 days which was huge since it would have been a hardship to have to move rooms with all of our food, luggage, stuff, etc. Its the little (actually really HUGE) things like this that keep me coming back. Now there are some not so great things as well including the hot tub that didn't work, the broken refrigerator door, the rusted silverware and teapot and dirty tissue behind the bed that I had to point out however all of these things were promptly taken care of once reported. The housekeeping staff has added some new people and unfortunately they don't do as good a job as the regular housekeeping staff like Joanne and the supervisor, Georgette (?). I love the fact that the majority of the staff has been there for years and that they remember the owners. It gives me a great sense of security to see Suzanne, Odine, Edgar, Blake, Russell, and Roger when I return. They know me and my family and are always helpful to a fault. I especially love the fact that no matter how many pieces or how heavy my luggage is Roger is always willing to help us load/unload it without my having to ask him. He's so sweet and special. I love Odine as she ALWAYS knows where to find anything and everything on island. Suzanne is the BEST sales manager; she's extremely professional and never wastes your time. She also gets you the best deals if you're in the market to purchase Divi property. All in all Divi Little Bay is my home away from home; it has the best location (close to Front St in Phillipsburg but far enough away to deter crime); it has its own private beach but also three great pools/hot tubs so if you're not feeling up to driving to one of SXM's 37 other beaches you can just hang out on property. I can't wait to get back there for Carnival (late April/early May); our 1 bedroom suite sleeps 6 so me and my girlfriends have a great time at the Divi and we all feel so safe.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the little bay side as you can usually see the cruise ships on the great bay side from the living room balcony and the little bay beach from the bedroom balcony. Also I prefer rooms on the 2nd floor; never the 1st floor and the 3rd floor has too many stairs (30) to walk up after a long night of partying, lol!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mel C
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The resort room that we had was just renovated. It was comfortable and convenient to all activities. The staff was friendly and helpful. The dining was casual at their beach bars. The Resort has great Happy Hours!!!!! A walk to Fort Amsterdam gives you a view of the ships arriving in the Phillipsburg Harbour. We had a great time and would visit again if we went on a Windstar cruise.

Room Tip: Ask for a resort room on the Divi Little Bay Beach on the second floor. Most of the "hotel" rooms and suites are time shares......
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple