We spent 3 nights in early December at the Little Divi and we will not be back. We had booked the accommodations for this part of our trip through a flight/hotel package with JetBlue and were really disappointed. We had spent the first 4 nights of our trip at the Viceroy in Anguilla and it was a complete 180 in every sense when it came to the quality, service and accommodations we experienced at the Little Divi.
When we first walked into the room at the Little Divi we were immediately hit with a mold/mildew smell...there was a water damaged ceiling in the bathroom and black specks of what we thought were either mold or mildew (maybe dirt?) growing on the ceiling in the living room. I called the front desk to see if we could switch rooms and was told they would call us back in a few minutes. I didn't think it would take that long to tell me if there were other rooms available but had to call back twice after hearing nothing from the front desk. The first time I was told there were no other rooms available. After being told this I called JetBlue and told them what kind of hell we were in and needed them to get us into another hotel (preferably the Westin which we should have gone with in the first place). The JetBlue agent was great and told me to call the front desk and tell them we wanted to be released from our agreement with the Little Divi due to the poor accommodations we were assigned and their inability to deliver a room that was habitable (my wife and I have mild asthma and we would have never survived a night in this room). Miraculously, after threatening to leave they were able to find us another room (an upgrade to a 1 BR suite which I'm sure they didn't want to give us in the first place). We found the new room acceptable and moved. The new room wasn't perfect either but it didn't smell. The room had incredibly slick tile floors which we found was kept somewhat dry by keeping the fans running 24/7 and little brown ants which seemed to congregate in the bathtub.
The beach is ok. After coming from Anguilla I think anything would have been a let down. Our biggest complaint with the pool/beach is the towel policy where you're only give 1 towel a day.
In the end, we survived but will not return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Little Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Little Bay Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- St Maarten Divi Little Bay
- Divi Little Bay Resort
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Divi Little Bay Beach