2,388 results
All reviewspure oceangizmos barseabreeze cafeinfinity pooltime sharesea breezefort amsterdamgrocery storejacuzzi tubone bedroom suitemain restaurantst maartenrented a carfull kitchenbay beachwater activitiespizza
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Came into St. Maarten the evening of November 18, 2012. The front desk staff were not very friendly and did not properly greet us. Very distracted and just asked for name in which reservation was under. They messed up our reservation, which I had booked back in June of 2012 and put us in a room that was not what we paid for. Did not tell us that they did not have my room and let us go to the room only for me to call them at the desk and tell them it was the wrong room. Had to wait almost 1/2 hour for the one bellman to come back for us with the golf cart. Told to leave our luggage there in the room, not a good sign.

Had to stay in that room that night. They downgraded us to a junior suite from the Casita 1 bedroom suite we booked. Needless to say we found other accommodations and checked out MOnday and went to a resort we love instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for posting your Divi Little Bay experience. We are very sorry to read that our Front Desk didn’t inform you about the room type you were sent to. Our Front Desk Manager spoke to you the following morning, apologized and offered you another room and breakfast.
Unfortunately, you already booked another resort and had already called for someone to pick you up.

Seeing that you already made this decision, we informed you right away that we would refund your entire stay and pay back the difference in room type between the room type you stayed in and the room type you booked in the first place.

We hope you have had a great time on our beautiful island!

Celine

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This has got to be one of the most beautiful beaches ever! I am usually a little scared of the ocean, but this was so calm and warm that even I spent a ton of time in the water. Also we had a wonderful view of the ocean from our 1 bedroom suite which had all the conveniences we could ask for and also several very nice pools to choose from

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is definitely a timeshare resort, but absolutely a delight. We exchanged in and stayed in a studio in the towers and loved it. We were in the towers on the third floor and had a fantastic view of little bay. A wonderully modern and well equipped mini- kitchen. A very comfortable and clean room and a fantastic huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. (the tub in the studio bathroom is much bigger than the tub in the 1BR and 2BR units on the tour) Really couldn't ask for more. We met a bunch of Divi owners that keep coming back, with good reason.

Head out to Grand Marche which has to be best grocery store around. It is just huge, reasonably priced and well stocked. Load up your fridge and get ready for a great week.

Be careful to study the door lock to your balcony. I found out the hard way that it is actually possible to lock yourself out on the wonderful shady balcony. Woops! At least the view is awesome!

Check in was a little delayed, but not a big hassle. Just grab a drink or two and stick your feet in the sand or water. Saturday is the big crunch day for check-out and check-in.

Plan on doing some snorkeling right off the beach. The cruise ships drop their excursions off right off Fort Amsterdam. It is a great chuckle to realize you are able to easily get to the same spot and see great fish only twenty feet off the beach. You can rent stuff at the beach, or bring your own.

There are different happy hour times for the bars. Watch the crowd slowly move and you'll figure it out. Get to know Juan and Guillaume who will be your best buds at the bar. Be sure to try some of the guavaberry - especially at half price!

Timeshare sales pitch? Don't be scared of this one. No torture or high pressure at this one. Sure enough we were able to get $100 Divi Dollars for really only 1:15 of time. Haresh - It was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks.

We just had one meal at Gizmo's Bar and one in the main restaurant. Food was good, but not really mind blowing.

Do walk out to Fort Amsterdam and bring your camera. Sunset from the infinity pool is something you will never forget.

We have stayed on the French side twice before, but we actually we will definitely stay on the Dutch side from now on. Yes there is traffic in Phllipsburg, but if you rent a car and park on the back side by the ponds, there is plenty of free parking, just a little walking involved. The beaches are just as nice and the fact that there is more activity means it is just a little easier to get what you want. There is also more to watch in the bays.

We will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Higher up in the towers means a better view. If you are in a beach front room, you want front row, second story.
2  Thank rossdmd
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I exchanged thru RCI for Divi Little Bay again! Such a lovely spot. This trip was from Oct 20-29..hoooraaaay for 2 extra days! Seven are never enough. Elvis at Guest Relations was very friendly, smiling continually, and efficient for check-in while the steel drum band played and I enjoyed a Planter's punch (on the house). So happy to see Russell again (bellman)..I told him he had helped my daughter and myself 5 years earlier and would not expect him to remember, but we sure remembered him! Very helpful and friendly..he even insisted on helping me move my luggage to another room, tho he had already gone on to help others. (i was given a room on flirst floor and did not feel comfortable as I was traveling alone) He later saw me coming out of the room and insisted he help me move..2 floors ups!! and no elevator. Good for exercising your calves!
My studio was lovely and had everything one needs. Fabulous jacuzzi and lots of fresh towels. Veronica made sure my stay was great ..beautiful flower arrangement (inside artfully arranged towel!) appeared from her!
The Indulgence by the Sea spa was wonderful too with a great massage with the ocean right outside picture window. The beach is wonderful, with chairs and umbrellas cheerfully set up by Justin. Water Sports "shak" people were all nice and helpful. The views from my room were superior...waves at nite were so comforting and restful.. I left the doors to balcony open and used the ceiling fan serveral nites. (what a memory!) The grounds are very well landscaped and maintained. Had great pizza made by Mimi at Gizmo's Bar(?) .. jerk chicken pizza! So much to love about Divi.. which is I have returned and always will!
Oh ..the Infinity pool right near my room was the best for sunset photo opportunity!!

Room Tip: in the condos by Infinity pool!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We loved this place. Great views. Loved the infinity pool. Staff very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to book this resort. I will be returning to St Maarten and would stay here again. Snorkeling at the resort was adequite. Spa was very good. Jet skiing on site. Dutch side has so much to offer. Bay area restaurants were enjoyable and resonable.