“Poor customer service”
Review of Joe's Jewelry

Joe's Jewelry
Ranked #2 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Jewelry International was established in 1980, and has since grown into three locations in St Maarten, becoming a luxurious duty-free shopping attraction on Front Street in downtown Phillipsburg. It is one of the first family-owned jewelers in St Maarten, and has built a loyal clientele based on trust and customer service. At Joe's Jewelry International, our corporate philosophy is to provide unsurpassed customer satisfaction, selection and service.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I bought diamond studs and a bracelet in Nov 2011 from Joes. We went there with some friends who had been going to Joes for years so we totally trusted them. Three stones came out of the bracelet within 6 months. My friends advised me to take it with me when we went back in Nov 2012 so that's what I did. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks to be repaired and they would cover it. In January I sent them an email inquiring about it and they told me it would cost me $$ and I needed to send them copies of my credit card so they can begin the repair. After several emails back and forth and their voicemails urging me to send the credit card info ASAP they decided to cover it. I last heard from them Jan 24 and still no bracelet. They are now not responding to my emails. The friends that took me there are horrified at the shoddy treatment I am receiving. They are big spenders with Joes so they get different treatment than us first timers.

I didn't purchase anything this last time when I dropped off the bracelet because I just didn't see anything that I wanted. Afterwards I thought we'll see how the repair goes and when we go back in May for my 50th birthday we'll buy something special. Not now, they blew it!! I hope it was worth it to them because they lost three customers over this. They may not miss my money but I'm sure they'll miss my big spender friends money.

If they rectify the situation I'll be sure and let people know but as of now I won't be going back.

5  Thank Carolyn F
JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service Department at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Hi Carolyn F,
The diamond bracelet was repaired and returned to you on February 25, 2013.
All charges associated with the repair and return shipping were absorbed by Joe's Jewelry as a courtesy to you, our valued customer.

The matter was resolved in your favor and on May 30, 2013 and November 21, 2013 you returned to our store and purchased items of jewelry.

In 2015 you came to our store and informed us that you made numerous attempts to remove the review however you were having difficulty accessing your trip advisor account.

At Joe's Jewelry we value all our customers and will always go above and beyond to meet and exceed their expectations.

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else

Joe's Jewelry International
St. Maarten

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)
All reviews
"fair price"
in 20 reviews
"several years"
in 21 reviews
"highly recommend this store"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Extremely helpful and friendly.They had experience staff who could answer all our questions. Would definately shop there again when on the island. Would also order online through their website.

1  Thank Pinaandjoe
JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Pina & Joe,
We thank you for your kind review and hope to see you soon in Joe's again.

Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries at our toll free no# 1866 313 2123
or email - support@joesjewelry.com / sales@joesjewelry.com

Joe's Jewelry Intl
St Maarten

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My Husband and I went to Joe's in 2008 from a referal from a friend. Never been to St. Marteen or purchased a large diamond, I won't lie, I was nervous. I felt confident though because my husband is knowledgeable and he will not purchase anything he doesn't feel right about. We had Ron/Mike as our salesperson. My Husband wanted to upgrade my wedding ring and told Ron what he wanted to purchase. Ron found the perfect princess cut diamond for the center of the setting. YES, DO your homework before buying any diamonds! We took our time choosing the perfect center diamond & we walked out with the WoW Factor! We ended up purching a 14kt white gold wedding ring with one prong set princess cut diamond measuring 6.31 x 6.37 x 4.78mm Clarity VS-1 Color E Cut Very Good-Class 1b. approx weight of 1.58ct. This was a loose Diamond.
On both sides of that main princess cut is a two prong set emerald shaped sized at 4.40 x 2.85 x 1.91mm approx weight of 2 stones 0.50ct. The clarity of the emerald cuts stones are VS-1 to VS-2 Color E-F Cut Good - Class 2a.
Then on each side of the emerald cuts are 100 pave' set round brillant cut diamonds, measuring 1.10-1.15 x 15 x 0.68mm approx total weight of 112 diamond stones at 0.50ct
The total weight of Diamonds we walked out of there was 2.58cts
Our Final out the door cost was $13,975.00 for ALL the diamonds & the 14kt white gold setting. When I returned home I wanted to get insurance on it so I needed to get a appraisal so I brought it to my local jeweler that I trust and love, to my SURPRISE and Excitement it was appraised at $22,332.14... that is over a $9,000.00 saving.
I cannot tell you how many complements I get on this ring...the most word I ALWAYS hear is "STUNNING" :) Trust me I never get tired of it!!
I'm worried about these horrible rating I'm hearing since it's been 3 yrs since I've purchased anything from there. I can only give you my experience dealing with Joe's Jewelry and have FAITH in a Company that I have TRUSTED in the PAST.

2  Thank luuvbug
JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Client,
We thank you for your kind review and hope to see you soon in Joe's again.

or email - support@joesjewelry.com

Joe's Jewelry Intl
St Maarten

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've made several purchases at Joe's over the last 8 years, always from Jack and Sam. The 66 Front Street store is smaller than the "main store" but they can help you shop the other locations as well. I've had each piece of jewelry appraised by a professional appraiser (he does not work at a jewelry store and is paid for his time). Sapphire pieces appraised well compared to what I paid while diamond pieces were more "break even." The stones and metal were as they were represented to be.

I've enjoyed my visits with Jack and Sam, have had no complaints, and have recommended them to friends. That being said, when making a big purchase you need to do your research to have some idea of fair pricing. It's easy to do on watches or designer jewelry styles. For other pieces, ask for a loupe to look at stones yourself for obvious flaws.

JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear FARgirl,
We thank you for your review and look forward to see you soon at Joe's again.

Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries at our toll-free no# 1866 313 2123 or email - support@joesjewelry.com

Customer Service