“See Sam and Jack at the 66 Front St location”
Review of Joe's Jewelry

Joe's Jewelry
Ranked #1 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Jewelry International was established in 1980, and has since grown into three locations in St Maarten, becoming a luxurious duty-free shopping attraction on Front Street in downtown Phillipsburg. It is one of the first family-owned jewelers in St Maarten, and has built a loyal clientele based on trust and customer service. At Joe's Jewelry International, our corporate philosophy is to provide unsurpassed customer satisfaction, selection and service.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've made several purchases at Joe's over the last 8 years, always from Jack and Sam. The 66 Front Street store is smaller than the "main store" but they can help you shop the other locations as well. I've had each piece of jewelry appraised by a professional appraiser (he does not work at a jewelry store and is paid for his time). Sapphire pieces appraised well compared to what I paid while diamond pieces were more "break even." The stones and metal were as they were represented to be.

I've enjoyed my visits with Jack and Sam, have had no complaints, and have recommended them to friends. That being said, when making a big purchase you need to do your research to have some idea of fair pricing. It's easy to do on watches or designer jewelry styles. For other pieces, ask for a loupe to look at stones yourself for obvious flaws.

JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear FARgirl,
We thank you for your review and look forward to see you soon at Joe's again.

Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries at our toll-free no# 1866 313 2123 or email - support@joesjewelry.com

We are always here to assist you.

Regds
Customer Service
Joe's Jewelry Intl.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Terrible customer service, shysters-deceptive, unscrupulous and fraudulent. Do not buy from them. Beware!!! We bought a $10,000 engagement ring from them while on vaca. in St. Maarten in 2002. They switched the diamond and dipped the silver band in gold instead of using a gold band. We did not realize this until we were back home in MA. Numerous phone calls, letters but to no avail. We were too far away at the time to do anything, my how the Internet brings them closer.

4  Thank LoveLoveTraveling

Dear Client,
We are contacting you from Joes Jewelry Customer-service Department to help you resolve this issue.

Please contact us directly on -toll free-1-866-313-2123 or email us at -support@joesjewelry.com

Always here to assist you,
Joes Jewelry Intl.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Back for another year on St. Maarten, we went straight to Joe's. Long story short, traded in smaller studs for larger ones - excellent color and quality. Sam worked hard to match stones color-wise and when the first pair were too expensive, he found slightly smaller (less than 1/2 carat difference) ones that fit our price range.

And did I mention the trade in? The studs we traded in we had bought from Joe's about 8 years ago. There gave us full price PLUS some appreciation value. We also bought a lovely matching necklace and earrings set. And then my wife saw the Honora Pearls.

Working with Sam we had the new jewelry added to our Jewelers Mutual Insurance the same day we purchased.

Sam and his sidekick Bob are always helpful and we trust them implicitly based on our previous experiences.

Contrary to some postings on this site, we have never had a bad or even questionable experience at Joe's Jewelry. I would add that we have educated ourselves about diamonds and pearls so being a educated consumer is a wise approach to take.

We'll be seeing Sam & Bob next year when we return.

1  Thank Chris W

Dear Client,
We thank you for your review and looking forward to see you soon at Joe's again.

Please feel free to contact us for any queries at our toll free no.# 1866 313 2123 or email - support@joesjewelry.com

We are always here to assist you.

Regds
Joes Jewelry Intl

Reviewed March 29, 2012

When we tried to discuss a problem with our diamond pruchase we were treated with hostility and told to seek another appraisal. The management did nothing to rectify our concerns. I would recomend that customers look elsewhere for a satisfactory experieence. We have been comming to St Martin for 15 years and we have never been subject to such hostility.

6  Thank Unhappy120
JOESJEWELRY, Customer Service Department at Joe's Jewelry, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear Client,
We are contacting you from Joe's Jewelry Customer Service Department to help you resolve this issue.

We are always here to assist you,

Joe's Jewelry Intl
St Maarten

Reviewed March 16, 2012

An item bought the previous year, after just two months lost a stone,I contacted Joes Jewellery and advised them I would be back in September 2011 and gave them an exact date, they said they would fix the item with no charge. On arriving at the shop they had done nothing about the stone, which was very small, and said it would have to be sent to New York for repair. The Manager was very unhelpful and rude and finally gave me a receipt for it, saying it would take up to two months. After several emails and months of waiting the item was dispatched to the UK but was stuck in customs. As I had taken the Jewellery with me instead of sending it I had no proof that I had not just bought it and I then
had to prove to customs that I had already paid the duty when I bought it a year ago
Never leave Jewellery out of the country unless you can prove you bought it as you could
end up paying for it again. Joes Jewellery we completely incompetent and what shoud
have been a minor repair caused months of worry and expense, they are only helpful when taking your money and will give you drinks to make you feel relaxed and spend more and
not realise how shoddy their workmanship is.

I would not recommend them to anyone and as there are so many Jewellers out there pick
another one, I have given them one star as I could not give a minus, which is what I think they deserve.

4  Thank Pat388