“Great scuba dive with Blue Bubbles!”

Blue Bubbles Watersports & Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$75.00*
and up
Easy Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: 2-hr Shipwreck Cove snorkel trip ; 4-hr Airport Beach snorkel & sightseeing tour ; Easy diving and scuba diving excursions ; PADI scuba dive courses for beginners and certified divers ; Wave Runner rentals & guided Wave Runner island tours ... sign up now at "The Dive Shop", 153, Front Street (near the Sea Palace Hotel, the Boardwalk and the Walter Plantz Square). Also available : rentals of snorkel gear, body boards, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards ; private boat charters (half-day, full-day, sunset) ; bottom fishing ; deep sea fishing ; parasailing ; guided ATV tours and guided Jeep Safari. Plus check out our retail section for snorkel and dive gear, beach clothing, and beach accessories.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

During my stay in St. Maarten I did a scuba dive with Blue Bubbles. A couple of years ago I had a terrible experience with Scuba Fun, so I certainly didn't want to return there! Blue Bubbles gave me a wonderful experience! We went out on a boat to the site - on the way, we were given a short explanation of the area, including some history, natural resources, culture, by one of the staff, Ferel. My guide, Denzel, was great, very competent - he was very attentive in the water - always checking back. He was very observant of the marine life and pointed out many things I wouldn't have ordinarily seen. All of the staff, including in the dive shop, were very pleasant, professional and helpful. I highly recommend Blue Bubbles!!!

3  Thank Katfsh5

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We did a two tank dive with Blue Bubbles in February of 2012 for $103 pp. Wetsuit was $10 more. This was $40 cheaper than booking with Royal Caribbean. The dive shop was located in middle of the beach area in Phillipsburg, St Maarten. The dock was very close to the dive shop, so it was very convenient. Compared to other islands, the dive locations were relatively close, so we did not have to spend a lot of time driving around in the boat. That left us plenty of time to see the very cool city of Phlipsburg.

Of all the port cities in the Caribbean, Philipsburg St Maarten has more character than most. The brilliant blue water is amazing. If you arrive at the port before your dive time, take the short ferry ride from the port to downtown Philipsburg and just walk around. Definatley do not miss the small church located near the main beach area. Please note that the ferrys have several different destinations, so make sure to get on the one that will take you the closest to where you want to go.

3  Thank Steve B
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I recently reserved a morning 2 tank dive. The shop had my information but made no effort whatsoever to contact me after cancelling all dives due to sea conditions. They left me standing at the pick up spot and cost me a round-trip water taxi to the shop only to be told they cancelled. Had I cancelled with no notice, it would have cost me my deposit. There should have been a rep at the pick-up location.

5  Thank Mark L
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It started off as a good day. We got a nice deal to go diving. When we arrived at the diveshop we met another person, Rhody, she was very friendly. We got our gear and went directly to the boat. So far so good, we were excited to go. We had to wait a while and met our dive-instructor, if he really was.. He looked like he was 16 and his name was Pablo. This guy had really no idea what he was doing.. When we arrived at the divespot, we could see the visibility was bad. The briefing was way too long while not much useful information was given. It seemed to be a bit unorganized and unprofessional. When we reached under the water, we left as a group and then we split up. We couldn't even see the other people anymore!! He took us to see a helicopter. Our so called ''instructor'' got LOST and we RAN OUT OF AIR while we were under water. We had to snorkle all the way back with our gear. What started as something exciting, turned out the be the worst experience we ever had, it was really scary. We trusted this ''instructor'' with our life, I wish we had not. We were so scared, tired and disappointed that we don't think we'll do it ever again.

5  Thank Sam W
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Not much of a swimmer but the staff at Blue Bubbles were so helpful and supportive that it made my snorkeling experience so enjoyable. Would highly recommend

2  Thank Mike T