“Neat experience”

Sint Maarten Guavaberry Company
Ranked #23 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a historic 18th-century building, this company sells a rum-based drink that is very popular among the locals.
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Neat experience”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Overall a neat experience, but nothing out of this world. The store if very unique in color/design and worth a few photo snaps. The store offers free taste samples but also sells larger mixed drinks and bottles to go. We came in at the middle of Marigot market and it was quite a walk to this store. If you are coming from a cruise ship it is at the beginning of the market.

3 Thank themolt

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Please get Guavaberry to the United States again”
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I visited St Martin about 5yrs ago and can't wait to return, but am disappointed that the famous St Martin Guavaberry Rum can no longer be distributed to the US. A friend and I were actually buying about a case a year (on-line) and sharing it with others. I have since met a few people that have been "bitten" by the Guavaberry bug and are sad that it is no longer available on-line. Please help get Guavaberry to others. It is just too good to not share. I actually make the Guavaberry coladas and use real cream de cocont and pineapple. It's an instant "spirit-lifter". What needs to happen to get it back?

19 Thank VegasRN
Spring Hill, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bring me back a bottle and I pay $50”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This is some hard stuff to get, can't be imported to the USA. If anyone is going on a trip to Sint Maarten pick me up a bottle. If you can get it shipped to me in Tennessee once you get home i will send you $50 for your trouble, more depending on how much the bottle actually costs. [--]

8 Thank wagoneerman
Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Guavaberry is the best rum ever”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Growing and living on the island, man, that guavaberry colada is the best rum drink to sip on as you tour Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. Everytime I go back to visit my family, it is a tradition to purchase a bottle (or two) to bring back to the states. I wish I knew how to make the coladas like they do down there. The people are so friendly and nice that it is a testament that names St. Maarten, the friendly island. All my friends who cruise to the island or fly there, i tell them that they need to stop by the St. Maarten Guavaberry Company on Front Street for a visit. Another good drink is on the island of Saba, called Saba Spice. Enjoy

3 Thank rasta4ever
clarksville tennessee
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Free Samples! Great”
Reviewed May 17, 2008

We visited the Gauvaberry Emporium during our recent stay. There really wasn't much of anything going on other than selling of the local guavaberry liquor. The best part was the free samples of the guavaberry coladas they offer. We enjoyed it so much we of course had to buy a bottle to take home. The typical guavaberry rum was $16.95 per bottle. We looked elsewhere on the island and didn't see it being sold- except at the airport and it was the same prices.
If you are looking for a tour or information on the making of the guavaberry liquor you won't find it here, but if you want to just sample or make a purchase, it is definitely worth the stop. Wish they sold the guavaberry back at home because it is some really good stuff.

7 Thank lewis01utk